Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New '07 HCH owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New '07 HCH owner

Originally Posted by leahbeatle
Yeah, Batavia is 'where Fermilab is' in a sense. They picked Batavia as their postal address, but really the whole thing is fairly random.
Well, that is what I meant, pretty much. If some random person would ask me where, in general, Fermilab is, I would say Batavia, IL. Technically you are right though. I would agree that the area is a good area. You could always go west and find more rural area, or go east and find more built up areas. Here on the East Coast it seems it is built up everywhere. Once I finish my schooling I am out of here!

Old 02-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by owlmaster08
Well, that is what I meant, pretty much. If some random person would ask me where, in general, Fermilab is, I would say Batavia, IL. Technically you are right though. I would agree that the area is a good area. You could always go west and find more rural area, or go east and find more built up areas. Here on the East Coast it seems it is built up everywhere. Once I finish my schooling I am out of here!
I can understand wanting to get out of there- the East coast is a nice place to visit but I'm not sure about living there. Depends on your personal preference though - but maybe not so much, for you. Didn't you say you're in the Naval Academy? I know that people in the Navy generally move constantly- but they also probably don't have a lot of control over where they go. Isn't that right? So you may or may not be 'out of there!' The East Coast must be one of the places in the US that ends up having a lot of Navy presence. How much control do they give you over something like that?

Old 02-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Yeah, I'm at USNA for another 2 and a half semesters. I plan on service selecting submarines, so that limits quite a bit where I will end up. There aren't that many submarine bases. I get to put in preferences which are followed to some degree, but in the end the Navy does what it wants. I will probably stay on the East Coast, either Virginia, Georgia, or Conneticut are some choices. As much as I dislike the East Coast, it is closer to "home." California does have nice weather though...(and hybrid HOV passes? j/k)