Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New 08 FEH owner in TX

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default New 08 FEH owner in TX

My wife and I purchased an 08 FEH this weekend. After considerable shopping (including looking at a Prius), we chose the FEH and custom ordered it. I create audio for video games, and often take recording trips which require me to carry a lot of gear. I also have two step daughters and two dogs, so we really needed the space of an SUV.

It's Kiwi Green w/ Nav and Audiophile sound system, cloth seating, AC110V port (for charging my portable recorders/laptop) and a few other odds and ends we specified. I'm having a Sirius Sportster 4 installed by a local car audio shop (I didn't want the sunroof, and that was the only way they'd give me integrated sat radio) and I'm planning to install a flip-down DVD player to entertain the girls on road trips.

I've only put 80 miles on it, and my avg MPG is reading 22.1. I've been told that it will increase dramatically as I learn how to drive it and give it time to break in.

The wait sucked. I won't lie. But getting the exact car we wanted, built to our specification... it made the wait worth it. SO worth it.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: New 08 FEH owner in TX

Welcome.
This is a good group that you can learn a great deal from. I have

The dealer's MPG (for that few miles) was probably horrific. I'd suggest a quick fill-up and reset. That way you'll see what YOU are getting for MPG.

First rule is to slow down some if you drive fast. That kills MPG more than just about anything else.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Engineering first

Welcome to the CLUB!

Originally Posted by introvert
My wife and I purchased an 08 FEH this weekend. After considerable shopping (including looking at a Prius), we chose the FEH and custom ordered it. I create audio for video games, and often take recording trips which require me to carry a lot of gear. I also have two step daughters and two dogs, so we really needed the space of an SUV.

It's Kiwi Green w/ Nav and Audiophile sound system, cloth seating, AC110V port (for charging my portable recorders/laptop) and a few other odds and ends we specified. I'm having a Sirius Sportster 4 installed by a local car audio shop (I didn't want the sunroof, and that was the only way they'd give me integrated sat radio) and I'm planning to install a flip-down DVD player to entertain the girls on road trips.

I've only put 80 miles on it, and my avg MPG is reading 22.1. I've been told that it will increase dramatically as I learn how to drive it and give it time to break in.

The wait sucked. I won't lie. But getting the exact car we wanted, built to our specification... it made the wait worth it. SO worth it.
It sounds like you're as exacting as I am. No doubt, you are in for a treat!

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Old 09-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Hello, and welcome to GH. Remember to Enjoy! your new FEH!