Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New Camry Hybrid Owner in Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 09:32 AM
Enthusiast
Smile New Camry Hybrid Owner in Colorado

I picked up my new camry on July 4th and have used it on one long driving trip to Tucson from the Pueblo area in Colorado. Over the first 750 miles I averaged 38 MPG with my wife, luggage and myself onboard. On the return trip (another 750) miles I averaged a little better than 35 MPG, as we were carying two more people and luggage. It was a joy to drive. I'm not sure why the engine wants to start frequently when the batter is fully charged and I am doing a slow start. As it is hot here (and in Tucson) I always have the air on, and because the compressor is electric, that may be the reason.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Camry Hybrid Owner in Colorado

Budbj,

Congrats on the new car. I find that it's easier to keep the car in EV mode with the A/C off. With that said, anything except a slow acceleration will cause the ICE to kick in. You're probably better off using the ICE to accelerate at a moderate speed, easing off the throttle and then going stealth.

Old 08-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Camry Hybrid Owner in Colorado

Yes, thanks for the info. I have found that what you say is true. Unfortunately at this time of the year it is hard to go without air. Looking forward to the fall. Thanks again.