Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New FEH in Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Active Enthusiast
Smile New FEH in Indiana

Hi, I'm Colin in Fort Wayne, IN. I'm lucky enough to have a company car and had a 4.0V6 Explorer for the last three years, which I've been feeling worse and worse about as time went by. I was running E85 but getting on 13 (yes, thirteen) MPG - usualy 19-21MPG on regular gas. My boss got a new Envoy and encouraged me to 'upgrade' when renewal time came around, so I did some math and got an Escape 4WD Hybrid with Nav and appearance package for less $$$. Not quite what he intended, but I'm very happy.

Just picked it up Monday, it doesn't have a name yet (though the navigator is already 'Gloria'). My only peeve was with Ford, when I was selecting a model I called for advice and they assured me that the Nav version had an iPod hookup. Disappointed to find it didn't, but delighted with all the advice here in the FEH forum on how to hook one up.

Glad to meet you guys,

Metta,

Colin

Old 12-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Engineering first
Talking Re: New FEH in Indiana

COOL!
Originally Posted by CCRGMac
Hi, I'm Colin in Fort Wayne, IN. I'm lucky enough to have a company car and had a 4.0V6 Explorer for the last three years, which I've been feeling worse and worse about as time went by. I was running E85 but getting on 13 (yes, thirteen) MPG - usualy 19-21MPG on regular gas. My boss got a new Envoy and encouraged me to 'upgrade' when renewal time came around, so I did some math and got an Escape 4WD Hybrid with Nav and appearance package for less $$$. Not quite what he intended, but I'm very happy.

Just picked it up Monday, it doesn't have a name yet (though the navigator is already 'Gloria'). My only peeve was with Ford, when I was selecting a model I called for advice and they assured me that the Nav version had an iPod hookup. Disappointed to find it didn't, but delighted with all the advice here in the FEH forum on how to hook one up.

Glad to meet you guys,
Are paid gas money by the mile or actual? If by the mile, you'll be making a nice bonus soon. If actual, at least you won't have to carry so much float.

GOOD LUCK!

Bob Wilson

Old 12-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New FEH in Indiana

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
COOL!
Are paid gas money by the mile or actual? If by the mile, you'll be making a nice bonus soon. If actual, at least you won't have to carry so much float.

GOOD LUCK!

Bob Wilson
It's a good deal, I get my gas 100% paid for and then I get taxed on the car value and gas based upon my business mileage. Unfortunately I do about 97% personal mileage but I do expect a significant reduction next due to the reduced gas usage.

Colin

Old 12-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Welcome to GH. If you haven't, I encourage you to read the FEH FAQ.

At any rate, enjoy your vehicle!

Old 12-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

EDIT: The car now has a name - Fozzie. There see to be a lot of Kermits about so Fozzie should be good company.

Colin