Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 07:57 AM
Enthusiast
Default New to the forum

Hey, my names Steve and im new to the forum. My wife and I just bought a 2003 Civic Hybrid. So far, it's been extremely good and a hell of a lot better on gas than my 2000 cherokee sport!! It's about a 25 mile drive to work (through town, traffic lights, school zones, etc.). I love my Jeep and wouldn't give it up for anything, but gas money was being a killer especially since we just bought a house. I'm still learning the ins and outs of driving the new hybrid, so far it's great, i average about 45-50 MPG in town/to and from work, and it only costs about $23 to fill it up as opposed to 40-50 for the jeep. Im very pleased with it so far and hope to learn a few things from this site, it's very informative from what i've seen so far. Thanks!

Old 11-09-2006, 04:03 AM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: New to the forum

Welcome to GH!

Old 11-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yes, welcome to the forum! I hope you love your HCH I as much as I do mine- is yours a manual or a CVT? This is a great site to find out more about the ins and outs of your new car, and I wish you the best of luck with it.

I am starting to see posts like yours from people who bought the HCH I used after a couple of years. What has your experience been? Is there a lot of demand- did you go out looking to buy a used hybrid, or did you happen upon it or get talked into it by someone? Did you buy through a dealer or not? Was the price reasonable for a used car? I ask partly because there's been some inflated concern in the media about hybrids retaining their values and some reports to the contrary, saying that some used Priuses, for example, were selling for more than new ones in some places.

So how was it for you?

Old 11-14-2006, 11:49 AM

Welcome sv1684,
I have a 2003 HCH I CVT and I'm it. I've had it for about 4 years now and have not had too many problems to speak of. I hope you like your HCH as much as I like mine.