Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

The New Guy :D

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default The New Guy :D

Hello Everyone,
I've been lurking for some time now here and figured I would join. Actually the Smart Car Thread made me join because I had to post my opinion. Someday I'll learn to keep those to myself.

Anyway, a little about me. I'm not a hybrid owner yet but I'm hoping to be next year if I can get my current car paid down enough intime for the new incentives for '06. If not then I'll just wait till the Prelude is paid off and I'll go from there.

The 2 cars that I'm most interested in are the Prius and the Civic Hybrid. I was all about the Prius because of the smart key and the cargo space for hauling the occasional Golf bag and anything else I may come across. But since they introduced the new Civic Hybid which I really do like, I'm a bit on the confused side so time will tell and so will a few test drives when I'm ready. I have at least sat in a Prius and was completely Geeked over the digital display, Power button, and the fact that you no longer need a "key". Well, I look forward to reading more on these cars from you folks and hopefully soon I'll be able to join the ranks and post my mileage in the database

Old 09-08-2005, 10:31 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: The New Guy :D

Welcome Sean,

Yes, that choice (Prius or HCH) just got a lot harder with the Oct 5th intro of the 2006 HCH. It looks to be a Tour De Force and I think will give the Prius a real challenge for the first few months in terms of overall sales. Maybe not, but it will be a fabulous Hybrid to add to the already impressive list, of that I am certain !!

Old 09-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

Can't wait till it comes out and read what everyone thinks of it and what kind of mileage they get out of it. I still like that the Prius because it does have more power than the civic though. It's not so much of an issue here as it is all flat, but the drive home on the PA turnpike, I'm sure the extra HP would be nice to have.

On a side note, i started traking my Prelude on here, is the mileage showing in my signature? If not can someone tell me how to make it show up there? I'd certainly appreciate the help.

Thank you,
Sean

Old 09-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Contributor ($)

preludemd,
Keep those opinions coming!
It sounds like you are making some smart move with paying down your current car before moving on to something new. Wait until you see the 2006 Civic. It is good looking and will get ~50mpg.

Old 09-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

for the mileage to show up in your signature you need to surround the link with [img] and the closing tag (same but /img) then it will be an image in your signature.

Old 09-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

It's definately a better decision. If I were to trade it in now I'd definately Take It. It's a 2001 with 157,000 miles on it. But she's been great to me and I just had the clutch replaced about 1000 miles ago. The timing belt was done at 107k miles. I hope they aren't using the timing belt on either the Prius or Civic.

Old 09-14-2005, 08:36 AM
Enthusiast

Yeah there is tough competition between the honda and toyota. So good luck in chosing one.

Old 09-14-2005, 09:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

that settles it then, I'm just going to become rich and buy them both. What's the Powerball up to now?.....lol

Old 09-14-2005, 09:14 AM
Enthusiast

What r your needs though do u have a family and kids and like to have cargo or the other way around