Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   New HCH-II in Texas (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/new-hch-ii-texas-11083/)

rboerger 11-20-2006 10:28 AM

New HCH-II in Texas

Yes, there are some of us in Dallas who don't drive SUVs!

Enjoying my first hybrid ever very much!

Johnc73 11-20-2006 09:25 PM

Re: New HCH-II in Texas

Welcome! What color is yours and does it look exactly like the 06's? I would think they'd change up the tail lights or headlights some.

rboerger 11-21-2006 06:44 AM

Hey John,

It's Galaxy Grey Metallic, which IMO looks a lot better in person than it does on the Honda website :D. As far as I know, the '07 is identical to the '06, except that they added several hundred dollars to the sticker price. Not a whole lot of extra dealer adds on it, which is fine by me.

Where did you get yours? I couldn't find anyone around here that would deal (McKinney tacks $3500 in bogus "extras" to all of their cars, Frisco would sell at MSRP but I had to special order, etc.) so I ended up going to San Antonio of all places. Gunn Honda gave me about $1K off sticker and a lot more for my trade (a beat up 2000 Focus with 102K miles) than I ever expected. Glad I didn't let them talk me into the oh-so-expensive extended warranty given the discussions here on where to get one for a whole lot less.

Ron

Johnc73 11-21-2006 09:23 PM

Got mines at Rusty Wallis off of Shiloh and 635. I dunno if it was a great deal since I pretty much paid MSRP but at least they gave me full KBB value on my trade in that had many issues (leaky radiator being one). I think to get any good deal on this car you have to go out of town since Gumby got his in OK and got a great deal too.

Mine's alabaster silver and I've seen two of those besides my own. Only seen one of your color though but I saw him twice on the same road so he lives nearby. I have yet to see any of Gumby's color, magnetic pearl.