Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New here, but have been darting in and out for a few months...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 09:52 AM
enthusiast of some sort
Default New here, but have been darting in and out for a few months...

Hello,
I just want to say "Hello", site creator suggested I do so:

06 HCH Taff/beige, currently with about 1100 miles, picked it up with just a few after being on waiting list since Sept.
Last nite put on mud guards.
Also have the front nose mask.

My other car is a manual. I'm still figuring out if I miss driving it.

Thanks,
Mike G.

Old 01-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Default Re: New here, but have been darting in and out for a few months...

I'm sure the first trafic jam you get into you will start liking it. The CVT isn't bad. It feels much more responsive that most automatics in my opinion.

Old 01-15-2006, 12:03 PM
G.H. Contributor
Question Re: New here, but have been darting in and out for a few months...

Originally Posted by e30driver
Hello,
I just want to say "Hello", site creator suggested I do so:

06 HCH Taff/beige, currently with about 1100 miles, picked it up with just a few after being on waiting list since Sept.
Last nite put on mud guards.
Also have the front nose mask.

My other car is a manual. I'm still figuring out if I miss driving it.

Thanks,
Mike G.
Hi Mike;
Congrats; on the New HCH ll. Say I have the "Full-Nose-Mask" ordered for my incoming HCH ll and I see you already have it. So, bring me up to speed? How does it fit, look, and could I be Lucky enough that you would take the time and take some Pics of the front of your HCH ll so I can see what a real car looks like with the Full-Nose-Mask on.

Mike, we don't use "Front" License Plates here, so does the Full Mask cover up where the Front License Plate would go if you Don't have to use one?

My thanks to you if you have or will take those Pics. and Post them here.

Thanks-Again;

Terry

BTW; welcome to Greenhybrid and enjoy your New-Ride.

Old 01-15-2006, 01:04 PM
enthusiast of some sort

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hi Mike;
Congrats; on the New HCH ll. Say I have the "Full-Nose-Mask" ordered for my incoming HCH ll and I see you already have it. So, bring me up to speed? How does it fit, look, and could I be Lucky enough that you would take the time and take some Pics of the front of your HCH ll so I can see what a real car looks like with the Full-Nose-Mask on.

Mike, we don't use "Front" License Plates here, so does the Full Mask cover up where the Front License Plate would go if you Don't have to use one?

Thanks-Again;

Terry

Hi,
Thanks. Well, I just washed the car so the bra had to come off. I'd have to say mine does not go on quite easily for someone without patience. The part that goes on the tip of the hood needs quite a bit a pulling to get the left and right sides on. There are a total of 3 clips for that piece. As for the mask portion that goes across the entire bumper, it needs to be pulled (less effort that the hood part) but I am used to doing this on my other car. There are many clips, and the bottom has a bungee that pulls everything in nicely. As for the front license plate portion, it has a cut-out you need eliminate (physically cut with scissors) to fit over the plate holder. But I chose not to run with the front plate so the rectangular cut-out that hasn't been cut out still remains. Does this make some sense? It'll be best described with a picture.

As for your HCH on order, you may want to ask your dealer if the cutout exists for the mask for your state since you have an option not to run the plate. It may not have it. My dealer said the 4 door has the cutout but it was the only one available. I actually like it better on the car than off. Too bad I thought it was going to rain this AM.

Sorry, no pics yet.

Mike G.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:33 PM
enthusiast of some sort

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hi Mike;

Thanks-Again;

Terry

Hello Terry,
Sorry I couldn't get pics posted for you to make an assessment of the front nose mask before your HCH purchase. How do you like it? Does it have the cut-out to accommodate the front plate? Was the hood portion difficult to attach?

Congrats on your new Hybrid.

Mike G.
-bra-less because of the rain.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Congratulations on your new HCH! Three cheers for the HCH! I'm sure you're going to love it and will soon stop missing your MT. One of the things that first made me fall in love with my HCH (at the end of last summer) was how smoothly it accelerates; no gears shifting, no hesitation or pauses unless I move my foot on that gas pedal. CVT is addictive. I always had an automatic before - but I imagine the difference will seem even more pronounced if you had a manual. Anyway, enjoy the car and good luck! Welcome to the forum!

Old 03-07-2006, 12:36 PM
enthusiast of some sort

Thanks Leah,
I've had the HCHII for a few months and I love it! Absolutely love it! I also noticed I got more comments and wows this past weekend at a birthday party than my cousin's new Mercedes Station wagon/suv (it's that new one and no one was impressed). They liked the roominess, Navi, and for some reason, they all wanted to see my battery.
Cheers,
Mike G.

Old 03-07-2006, 12:42 PM
enthusiast of some sort

Hello Terry,
I had to scroll to the second page of pics to notice you have the exact same bra I do. How do you like it? Is there any option aside from the body kit you did not get? I like the tint job. It looks like you are very pleased with your new vehicle. Congratulations!

BTW, thanks for putting up the pics. I had to reassure myself that 7 or 8 Batt bars seem to be normal.

BR,
Mike G.

Old 03-07-2006, 12:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have had similar reactions from jealous friends and relatives. My uncle the car buff looked under my hood in bafflement. Strangers come up to me in parking lots and want to know which dealer I went to, how long the wait was, what the 'real gas mileage' is, etc. I met a guy at a party who had noticed my car parked on the street outside and told me he considered stealing it. I guess they're just the hot new thing! How cool is it that something that's actually good for the world is the hot new thing?