Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   New HiHy in New England (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/new-hihy-new-england-11332/)

LindaT 12-07-2006 09:59 AM

New HiHy in New England

Saturday I bought a HiHy (base model, no moonroof) and I am loving it! It replaced a 1997 Subaru Outback with 114,000 miles (and was still going strong). But this new car gives me lots more room. I am an artist and I travel to art shows and needed more cargo space for the display racks and paintings. The first trip home from the dealers was 27.5 miles on a relatively warm winter day (for Connecticut) and was a combination of 40 mph roads and highway. The mpg meter said I averaged 28.2 mpg! I was thrilled. Of course it won't stay that high, being a unbroken-in car and much colder and slippery weather on the way. But I am one happy camper.

bwilson4web 12-07-2006 10:39 AM

Re: New HiHy in New England

Welcome!

Originally Posted by LindaT (Post 101759)
Saturday I bought a HiHy (base model, no moonroof) and I am loving it! It replaced a 1997 Subaru Outback with 114,000 miles (and was still going strong). But this new car gives me lots more room. I am an artist and I travel to art shows and needed more cargo space for the display racks and paintings. The first trip home from the dealers was 27.5 miles on a relatively warm winter day (for Connecticut) and was a combination of 40 mph roads and highway. The mpg meter said I averaged 28.2 mpg! I was thrilled. Of course it won't stay that high, being a unbroken-in car and much colder and slippery weather on the way. But I am one happy camper.

You are in for a treat. Nice ride.

Bob Wilson

leahbeatle 12-07-2006 10:56 AM

Re: New HiHy in New England

Welcome to Green Hybrid! I hope you enjoy the forum. If you are interested in hybrids, and getting the most out of your hybrid car, there is a lot of information here that can save you tons of time and energy. Good luck with the new car!