Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New Prius owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Enthusiast
Default New Prius owner

Magnetic gray metallic, option package 3, SEToyota partner discount (I work in the car business) and 0% financing.

I just added my first tank to the database - I was averaging 50-52 just fine with my old manual transmission driving habits until Dad took it for a spin and knocked it back down to 45! He just wanted to be sure it had enough 'pickup' for me to be safe pulling out into traffic. It does, Dad, it does.

I've been a diesel VW driver all my adult years, so it really sounds like it's stalled out when I stop. My left foot has only gone looking for the clutch twice, though. What I like best is the way this car wants to be driven mindfully. I find myself driving more consciously in all ways, not just fuel consumption, and I'm really enjoying that.

Looking forward to learning more - I'm so glad y'all are here.

Old 02-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Engineering first
Talking Re: New Prius owner

WELCOME to the club!
Originally Posted by gloriana
Magnetic gray metallic, option package 3, SEToyota partner discount (I work in the car business) and 0% financing.

I just added my first tank to the database - I was averaging 50-52 just fine with my old manual transmission driving habits until Dad took it for a spin and knocked it back down to 45! He just wanted to be sure it had enough 'pickup' for me to be safe pulling out into traffic. It does, Dad, it does.

I've been a diesel VW driver all my adult years, so it really sounds like it's stalled out when I stop. My left foot has only gone looking for the clutch twice, though. What I like best is the way this car wants to be driven mindfully. I find myself driving more consciously in all ways, not just fuel consumption, and I'm really enjoying that.

Looking forward to learning more - I'm so glad y'all are here.
We're so glad you decided to join us. Over in the Prius area, we've got a FAQ to help share some of the tricks . . . but it sounds like you're already well on the way.

Great insights comparing the Prius to diesel and the effects of other drivers.

Bob Wilson

Old 02-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Prius owner

Welcome and enjoy your new purchase.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Enthusiast

Welcome! Congrats on your new car! My 06 is also Magnetic Gray.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Congratulations on the Prius- I hope you love it. It sounds like you do, though! Anyway, let me add my welcome to the others- hope you enjoy the forum. There's a lot of good information here if you poke around a bit, and it's obvious you're already familiar with the database.

I LOVE that you already seem to have picked up on the fact that a hybrid car wants to be driven differently than a regular car; I read postings from people here all the time about how buying a hybrid has changed the way they drive. It isn't *just* about saving gas, though that's a big part of it- I truly think that driving a hybrid can make people much safer drivers, if you follow the cues that the car gives you in all kinds of little ways. There's an awareness to my driving that I never had with a regular car; extra information at my fingertips to add to the mix.

Lots of luck and best wishes!