Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   New TCH owner (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/new-tch-owner-12519/)

Khabita 03-04-2007 08:53 AM

New TCH owner

Wow, is this a fun car! Picked it up Friday 2/23, drove it to FLA on Saturday 2/24 (600 miles). I used to think, "Why pay a premium price for a hybrid when a regular car will do?" Now I say, "Holy frijoles! Why would anyone buy a regular car when a hybrid is so much more fun?"

Although it is pretty easy to get really really really REALLY obsessed about squeezing every ounce out of every tank of gas!

I have lots of questions about my car, so I'll be posting lots over the next few days. I don't buy a car all that often -- bought my last car in 1998. Hope to keep this one that long, too!

gumby 03-04-2007 10:21 AM

Re: New TCH owner

Welcome to the club, Suellen!

The TCH looks to be a great car. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

bwilson4web 03-04-2007 10:52 AM

Re: New TCH owner

Welcome to the CLUB!

Originally Posted by Khabita (Post 114280)
Wow, is this a fun car! Picked it up Friday 2/23, drove it to FLA on Saturday 2/24 (600 miles). I used to think, "Why pay a premium price for a hybrid when a regular car will do?" Now I say, "Holy frijoles! Why would anyone buy a regular car when a hybrid is so much more fun?". . .

Something you might have noticed is the smooth and quiet power. One of the seldom talked about features of our hybrids is how little noise and vibration exists. This is due in part to a 'smaller' sized engine with the electric part providing power-on-demand. It is also due to the way the power reaches the wheels via the transaxle. There is a motor-generator that provides the 'pivot' for the engine power and also absorbs a lot of the power pulses. I can drive for longer intervals in our 1,500 cc Prius than I can in our 1,500 cc Echo.

You're in for a treat.

Bob Wilson