Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New TCH owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Enthusiast
Default New TCH owner

Wow, is this a fun car! Picked it up Friday 2/23, drove it to FLA on Saturday 2/24 (600 miles). I used to think, "Why pay a premium price for a hybrid when a regular car will do?" Now I say, "Holy frijoles! Why would anyone buy a regular car when a hybrid is so much more fun?"

Although it is pretty easy to get really really really REALLY obsessed about squeezing every ounce out of every tank of gas!

I have lots of questions about my car, so I'll be posting lots over the next few days. I don't buy a car all that often -- bought my last car in 1998. Hope to keep this one that long, too!

Old 03-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Energy Independence
Default Re: New TCH owner

Welcome to the club, Suellen!

The TCH looks to be a great car. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: New TCH owner

Welcome to the CLUB!

Originally Posted by Khabita
Wow, is this a fun car! Picked it up Friday 2/23, drove it to FLA on Saturday 2/24 (600 miles). I used to think, "Why pay a premium price for a hybrid when a regular car will do?" Now I say, "Holy frijoles! Why would anyone buy a regular car when a hybrid is so much more fun?". . .
Something you might have noticed is the smooth and quiet power. One of the seldom talked about features of our hybrids is how little noise and vibration exists. This is due in part to a 'smaller' sized engine with the electric part providing power-on-demand. It is also due to the way the power reaches the wheels via the transaxle. There is a motor-generator that provides the 'pivot' for the engine power and also absorbs a lot of the power pulses. I can drive for longer intervals in our 1,500 cc Prius than I can in our 1,500 cc Echo.

You're in for a treat.

Bob Wilson