Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   New User, and New Hybrid Owner (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/new-user-new-hybrid-owner-5181/)

MichelleNicholsHAH 12-28-2005 03:11 PM

New User, and New Hybrid Owner

Hey y'all...

I am a new greenhybrid.com user, and a new owner of a 2005 HAH. I'm embarassed to say that I have no idea what I'm doing with my HAH - my husband was the driving force behind purchasing the vehicle, and I really don't understand it that well. My average MPG is 25...not as good as I had hoped. I don't know if this has to do with my driving or the fact that it's a V6 - any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks much!!
Michelle:D

bar10dah 12-28-2005 05:49 PM

Re: New User, and New Hybrid Owner

Welcome to the forum!

All the advice you could ever need is contained within these forums. Do a little looking around, and I'm sure not only will the threads answer quite a few of your questions, but also stir up several more! :)

tbaleno 12-28-2005 06:06 PM

Definatly examine the Accord section. They have been finding out how the car works and how to manipulate it for best fuel economy. The Accord is kind of a paradox. It will give you good milage and power. Just not at the same time. I think the record for an 80 mile or so trip was 60mpg. Average is about half that. Depending on your commute you should be able to do 30-35 I would think. It will take some training on your part.

Welcome to greenhbyrid

MichelleNicholsHAH 12-28-2005 07:18 PM

Thanks guys...I appreciate it. I'm sure it will be a slow learning process, but I even managed to learn a little more about my car on the drive home from work this evening. The Accord threads have been helpful, I'm happy to have checked out this site!

Tbaleno - I'm originally from the Chicagoland area...please give my favorite city a big hug for me!
M

tbaleno 12-28-2005 08:23 PM

I'll just hug my wife since she represents all that is good in chicago ;)

ericbecky 12-29-2005 09:05 AM

Michelle,
Welcome to GreenHybrid. I wouldn't worry too much about not knowing what you are doing. Do some reading and incorporate some of those things slowly. Basic things like properly inflating the tires, anticipating stoplights to keep forward momentum, and avoiding jackrabbit starts are some easy places to start.