Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Newbie with Dumb Question! :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Enthusiast
Question Newbie with Dumb Question! :)

Greetings! I just bought a new 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid, and I'm confused about something. I haven't gone through my first tank of gas yet, but per the mileage screen on the dash, I'm getting 17.1 mpg. So far, I've driven 110 miles, have gone through a half tank of gas, and am thinking that this most likely isn't right. The mpg indicator read 15 mpg when I drove the car off the lot on Saturday, the tank having been filled up by the dealer.

If I start from a dead stop and accelerate very slowly, the electric takes me up to about 30 mph. After that, the gas engine runs until I slow down to anywhere from 20 mph to a dead stop. At one point this afternoon, the electric would kick in if I was going about 40 mph, but it seems as tho the gas engine runs most of the time.

Am I doing something wrong? Help?

Dog Lover in Indianapolis

Old 08-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: Newbie with Dumb Question! :)

Please don't cross-post. Your other thread will remain open.