Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   Newbie - Toyota Estima Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/newbie-toyota-estima-hybrid-23956/)

grix17 02-26-2010 11:05 AM

Newbie - Toyota Estima Hybrid

Hi everyone,

I wonder if I'm the first user here driving the Toyota Estima Hybrid. Grey import from Japan. Been driving it for nearly 2 years in Singapore now. Just got referred by Google's search engine so I'm curious to read more things about hybrids here.

Gairwyn 02-26-2010 09:41 PM

Re: Newbie - Toyota Estima Hybrid

Welcome.

I think you are the first person here with that vehicle. I just looked it up on Google. A hybrid minivan. I've heard quite a few people say they wish they had those here. What kind of fuel economy do you get?

grix17 02-27-2010 07:53 AM

Hi, I've just added my mileage calculator on my signature.
Average since I bought the car is about 13.2 km/L or 7.6L/100 km
Changed my driving style since July 2009 and average since then is 13.8 km/L or 7.3L/100 km.

Sorry, don't know the MPG equivalent.

orange4boy 04-01-2010 11:14 AM

Hi

I think there are some other Estima owners here. Do a search and you will find them.

Wish I could get one here in Canada. We are not allowed to import grey market vehicles younger than 15 years old.

I have had to mod my Previa to get better mileage now I average about 7.7. Highway mileage is better @ 6.7

Do you know if it has the THS or is it different? I saw something that made me think it's 4 wheel drive.

grix17 04-01-2010 09:35 PM

Yup, it's Hybrid Synergy Drive with Electric-Four (electric all-wheel drive). I think it's the equivalent of THS-II.

I don't get exceptionally good FC because of the urban conditions in our roads here. It's pretty much jammed or heavy traffic half the time. If mainly highways, I could get 15-16 km/L. In city-like conditions, I would expect 12-13 km/L even with a light foot. In comparison, the guys in Japan have clocked up as much as 15 km/L on a single tank, around 900+ km on 60+ litres.

The best FC for the petrol-only Estima/Previas here I heard of is 12+ km/L.

orange4boy 04-02-2010 10:59 AM

Thanks for posting. It's hard to find info on them in english.

Four wheel electric drive? I'm going to sound like such a nerd but that is so cool. Excellent mileage for a minivan as well.

I'm a furniture maker so I use mine for deliveries and picking up supplies. Can you fit a 4x8 sheet of ply in the back with the seats out like the Previa?

rainandsun 08-05-2011 08:12 PM

Hybrid gas and electric cars are set on a third-generation model in January '06, Estima Hybrid minivan is the world's first second-generation model. THS II, which is the latest version of the hybrid system approved by the current Prius is installed, and the best part is manufactured and installed in the van.

The engine is installed inline4, 2.4L. Production of the front and rear of the engine was added to 150 hp (110 kW) engine and the system output of 190kW large (140 kW) is reached. And fuel costs in 10.15 mode get 20 km / L at the same time. Fuel costs in the Super-low level 1t compact class car was whether it is a 2T body weight class.

hope that this helps you in what you are looking for. well if you need help in toyota repair i can help.

toyota estima hybrid newB 12-10-2017 06:37 PM

Hello , do u still have your estima hybrid with you...
i just bought one, by far happy having it. What are the ways youve learned to maximize FC and maintaining it well cause its my 1st time owning a hybrid.
thanks ChEeRsS