Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

NH NooB

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Enthusiast
Default NH NooB

Hi,

Just discovered this www today. I found it researching tires for my 2008 Prius.

About me -

Live in New Hampshire US.

I personally own 3 Prius, my extended family owns 4 more Prius and one hybrid Camry. I happened to meet the owner of Jaffarian Toyota (Haverhill, MA) at Rangeley Maine a few weeks ago - he wants to be my friend.

Prius 1 - my car. 2004 Prius, just about to roll 180K miles on the odometer. I'm the original owner. Still have original brakes, muffler, shocks. Changed oil once or twice, on my 4th or 5th set of tires. That's about it, still going strong. I drive it exclusively in New England, been to NY a few times and the one big trip in this car was to Myrtle Beach, SC in 2006.

Prius 2. wifes car. 2008 Prius, just under 60K miles. This is the one that needed new tires.

Prius 3, daughter drives this one. Again 2008, just over 60K miles. It's a Sr @ UNH this school year

My father, father-in-law, mother-in-law and brother-in-law all have a Prius. Niece drives the hybrid Camry.

I'd be curious to know the warning signs that the batteries for the hybrid synergy drive might be losing their punch. I've noticed my average MPG is starting to decline. Since I drive the car almost exclusively and my driving style has remained consistent, really the only change is the age/wear & tear on the vehicle. Wondering if the batteries are losing it, causing the engine to run more?