Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Pick Up HiHy on Thursday!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Pick Up HiHy on Thursday!

Hello All,

I have the VIN number for my (our) 2006 4WD HiHy (Base Model). It's supposed to be in on Thursday!

We decided on the HiHy based on the IIHS (Insurance Institute of Highway Safety) ratings for both Injury and Death. While the HiHy is not quite as safe as some of the larger SUVs (for example, a Hummer), it scores reasonably well and has the best gas milage of the bunch (especially for a 4WD).

As a comparison (the lower the better):
HiHy: Injury: 73 Death: 19
Camry: Injury: 108 Death: 56

I don't recall what exactly the numbers mean, but for injury 100 is "average". Death is deaths per 100,000 miles driven or something.

We also wanted a 4WD (live in the "country" and snow/ice can be an issue) and good reliability.

This was the best all-around choice for us. I can't wait to pick it up!!

-Birgit

Old 07-19-2006, 07:22 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Pick Up HiHy on Thursday!

Originally Posted by B-N-Bs HiHy
Hello All,

We decided on the HiHy based on the IIHS (Insurance Institute of Highway Safety) ratings for both Injury and Death. While the HiHy is not quite as safe as some of the larger SUVs (for example, a Hummer), it scores reasonably well and has the best gas milage of the bunch (especially for a 4WD).

As a comparison (the lower the better):
HiHy: Injury: 73 Death: 19
Camry: Injury: 108 Death: 56

-Birgit
Welcome,

FYI do you have a link to the IIHS data?

Old 07-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Pick Up HiHy on Thursday!

The injury information is located here:

http://www.iihs.org/brochures/ictl/ictl.html

I'll try to find the death stuff again (it was hard to find). I'll post it when I find it.

Thanks,
Birgit