Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Proud 06 Prius Owner joining ranks

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 08:13 AM
Enthusiast
Default Proud 06 Prius Owner joining ranks

Hey All. I found you all and wantedto join up and share my little story.

I'm 24 and a recient college graduate. In June I purchased my 06 Prius with 12 miles on it (zomg!) after owning a Rav4 for 5 years and getting it to over 100,000miles (it was my fathers and was given to me when he purchased a Subaru WRX) I swore after he bought his that my next car would be a blue WRX sti. I swore. I love driving his around and using the stick. It was realyl awesome.

And then I got my job. I drive about 95 mile on my car a day by driving to work. The rav4 was getting about 13-14mpg and gas prices were flying upwards. IT was around $2.90 when I finally started looking for a car. My eyes wereo n the Yaris almost immediately. My mother had a hybrid and spent about $35,000 on it. Thinking that they all were that expensive (she has they FORD SUV) I dismissed the hybrids. The yaris was afforable and had good mpg. And the one day for ***** and giggles... I looked at hteh honda hybrid and then at the prius.

The pruis was actually afforadble! I was so excited. I started calling dealership i nthe area. Theres a big rumor in my area that you have to get on a 6 month waiting list for a pruis so I wasn't expecting much. One dealership about 50 minutes away called me back and she had two. We showed up that afternoon and drove off the lot that night with my new car.

I'm now 6 months and 10,900 miles into it. The dealship is amazed that I put so much milage on it but I currently hold the local record for highest MPG. 52! Its held at 52 for about two months now. =)

I love my car. The sound system sucks a bit but... I can always use that saved gas money and get a new system put in.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: Proud 06 Prius Owner joining ranks

Welcome to the club!

You are in for a treat. When you get a chance, visit the Prius forum and check out the FAQ. We're always interested in hearing how new folks are finding their vehicle.

We've also got a pretty nifty database. Don't worry about the high mileage folks. Some of us are a little '****' about it. But think of the database as a nice place to track your driving performance and seeing if there are 'lessons to be learned.'

Bob Wilson

Old 11-10-2006, 02:15 AM
Enthusiast

Hi, all!
I just bought a 2006 Prius as well. I got a discount of $2377! Wow! I love my car!
I am only getting 43-45mpg right now, better than my motorcycle. Anybody up in New England want to get together for a rally or just for dinner?

Old 11-10-2006, 06:26 AM
Engineering first

Welcome!
Originally Posted by panda
Hi, all!
I just bought a 2006 Prius as well. I got a discount of $2377! Wow! I love my car!
I am only getting 43-45mpg right now, better than my motorcycle. Anybody up in New England want to get together for a rally or just for dinner?
You might check the "Tour de Sol" and there was another somewhere near Martha's Vineyard.

You're in for a treat.

Bob Wilson