Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Researching hybrids

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 03:27 PM
New Prius Owner
Default Researching hybrids

Looking to buy a hybrid. Would like to get a Prius, but in my area (Dallas-Ft Worth) they're not available unless you want to pay an immense mark-up, sometimes as high as $9,000. Trying to decide if I should get on a 6-month waiting list for a Prius or buy a different make. Good site for research.

Old 09-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Researching hybrids

You aren't related to Mike Sherrard, the ex-Cowboys Wide Receiver, are you?

Anyway, you can find a new Prius in the Dallas Metro Area. Cruise the Toyota dealers over the weekend - Priuses are GUARANTEED to show up on the lot. Sometimes they come in, and the next person on the list cannot be contacted, or does not want that Prius, etc. etc., and they can be had for good prices, assuming you can haggle a bit and say "I want the car TODAY and this is my price."

A dealer in Hawaii sold 116 Priuses in August 2005 - so they ARE in the supply chain....Keep looking !!

Old 09-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Researching hybrids

Judy,

Here is asearch I did on the www.toyotaofdallas.com website just now. They have 8 in stock:

2005 Prius

8 Records (Page 1 of 1)

Click a column heading to sort. Click again to sort in the other direction. A status of In-Stock means the vehicle is showing to be on the lot at the dealership. A status of Available means it is available to the dealership from a virtual pool of vehicles, but is not on the lot. Please contact the dealership to confirm vehicle availability.
Model Exterior Color Interior Color Status MSRP* Incentive
Prius 4Dr CVT-E Super White Dk Brown/Ivory/Ecru Available $27,111
Prius 4Dr CVT-E Black Dark Charcoal Available $21,860
Prius 4Dr CVT-E Black Dk Brown/Ivory/Ecru Available $24,463
Prius 4Dr CVT-E Black Dk Brown/Ivory/Ecru Available $28,851
Prius 4Dr CVT-E Driftwood Pearl Dk Brown/Ivory/Ecru Available $22,395
Prius 4Dr CVT-E Driftwood Pearl Dk Brown/Ivory/Ecru Available $28,160
Prius 4Dr CVT-E Tideland Pearl Dk Brown/Ivory/Ecru Available $23,424
Prius 4Dr CVT-E Seaside Pearl Dk Brown/Ivory/Ecru Available $29,200