Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Squeaked through in time with TCH

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Squeaked through in time with TCH

Applied via email to 6 dealers in the Greenville, SC metro area on Sept. 6th. Asked for only base version since I already have laptop based navigation. All dealers replied with standard quotes at MSRP or well above it. But surprisingly one of the highest standard quotes came back later with a personalized quote that agreed to give me the TCH for what I asked for, namely $25,000 + $580 destination charge + $39 tag fee. No documentation fee as I had clearly stated that I will not pay it. These were based on old Edmunds invoice prices. I emailed the local dealer for a price match but got no reply.

Went on 9th to test drive the car. Titanium color. Liked it and had 18 miles on it. Internet manager told me they had another one arriving on 26th. Signed agreement to purchase it if they could deliver by the 30th. Got call on September 22nd stating that the car had arrived. Went on 23rd and paid by check and drove the car home. Only nagging feeling was lack of heated mirrors since it tends to get frosty her in wintertime (no snow). But did not want to push my luck and asking for it and not having it delivered in time. At home I saw the window sticker under the passenger seat and it had the heated mirrors as the extra installed option (what a stroke of luck). So it appears that I had gotten a vehicle $900 under MSRP and there was a $40 less on destination charge since they calculated using old rates, and a free $30 option.

The total time for initial visit was 45 minutes and the delivery of vehicle and signing papers took 45 minutes. The car had 2 miles on it and smelled good. I have used it for 75 miles so far with no major problems.

I have managed to avail myself of the federal tax credit of $2600 and SC tax credit of 20 % of it ($520) for a total of $3150. This makes this $22400 car cheaper than many basic Camrys even if you add all the options. SC dealers seemed to have basic hybrids on their lots and are selling at or below MSRP. I got mine for Dave Edwards Toyota of Spartanburg, SC. Email the internet manager. It was a very professional experience to deal with him and he is a very friendly guy.

I want to thank all members and admin in this forum for their helpful posts.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Vegetarian
Default Re: Squeaked through in time with TCH

That's wonderful, glad you got such a good deal. Welcome to the forums.