Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Suppose I should introduce myself

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Suppose I should introduce myself

Hi everyone, my name is Nicky and I'm a hybrid driver.

:whew:

Hubby and I bought a 2005 Black Prius package 5 back on St Patty's day. So far we love it! He's a mechanic for a Toyota dealer and I'm a graduate student at Duke University here in Durham NC.

It really says something when a mechanic buys his wife a Prius... all prospective buyers at the dealer get sent back to him with any questions. He gets a kick out of the novelty of the whole situation.

Old 05-04-2005, 03:49 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Suppose I should introduce myself

Welcome to the group and congratulations on taking the first step in the twelve step process. Just admitting you are a Hybrid owner goes a long way .

Billy

Old 05-04-2005, 05:40 AM
Site Founder

lol 12 step process to what? Is this a treatment program??

Glad to have you, Nicky. Does that mean you get to tell us about all the technical service updates for the Toyota hybrids?

Old 05-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Contributor ($)

Nicky,
lol Glad to have you here! We'll try not to bother you with too many questions for your husband.

Old 05-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Enthusiast

I'll try to get him to answer any questions that may pop up if nobody else here can. There are some very smart people here as far as I've seen!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Seems that driving a hybrid in the south is an ailment as far as most people are concerned. Although the curiosity is starting to increase, anyone who's anyone still drives an SUV or pickup.

Yep, when I get the degree we're going back to good old Wisconsin where things make sense and we don't have an accent!

Old 05-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Contributor ($)

.... back to good old Wisconsin where things make sense and we don't have an accent
I had the same problem when we lived in Kansas City. For some reason they thought we had an accent. I had to explain that we didn't have an accent...they had an accent!

Old 05-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Site Founder

I never understood why people deny they have accents. Watch a movie. Heck, watch a science fiction movie. You won't find many of those spacemen with western or northern accents. If the characters don't sound like you, you're the one with an accent.

As far as I'm concerned, those in Florida and California have no accents. They're pure American. How do I know? They sound like the people in the movies.

Old 05-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Many people here in Georgia say that Florida broke off of Maine and floated down the Atlantic and attached itself to our Southern border back in the 50's.

Ha ha

You know I grew up 22 years in Minnesota and have been in Georgia for 22 since the early 80's.
Generally I can pass myself from somewhere in the South, unless I'm among people with a LONG draw, if you know what I mean.
I can't fool them. "E ain't frm rnd har" they might say.

I'm so used to it now that when I talk to people from the far North their accent is very strange......but at the same time still sounds like "home".

Very odd indeed. A person without a country.

Anyway, welcome to the community Nicky and I know you're enjoying your cool ride!

Last edited by Hot_Georgia_2004; 05-04-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Funny you should rope the South in with the accented crew...I lived in Britain for a while after I finished school and they SWORE it was the southern United States that strayed the least from their dialect and accent in comparison to the rest of the nation. Of course, they also have a general dislike for mainstream southern culture here so...