Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   Three year hybrid owner (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/three-year-hybrid-owner-13438/)

Greekgeek 05-04-2007 06:17 PM

Three year hybrid owner

I'll confess!

I'm here partly because I'm looking for places to show the "Yes, I love my hybrid" T-shirt and bumper sticker design I whipped together to help me pay for books. (See my avatar for a mini version.)

But besides that.

I invested a little in hydrogen fuel cell stocks in the 90s, because I wanted to support alternate energy technology. Then I saw which way the wind was blowing -- oil companies are standing in the way of non-gasoline technology, so even though hydrogen fuel cells have been feasible for years, there's a resistance in the auto industry. Instead, we've gotta convince car makers that it is good business sense to start investing in alternate tech.

I was very excited when the first hybrids started coming out. I looked at early Prius models and went, "COOL." I decided to wait a few years for the kinks to get worked out, and I decided to wait until hybrids were big enough to carry gear. Once the 2004 Prius came out with the big ol' liftback -- a lot like my Mom's old '84 hatchback Camry, which she used like a pickup -- I said, "It's time."

I hadn't intended to get bluetooth or GPS, but my gosh I use both of them.

I LOVE my Prius. I'll probably never drive anything else.

Greekgeek 05-04-2007 06:20 PM

Re: 3-year hybrid over chiming in.

Gack, I didn't know I was so tired.

Wish there were an edit function for thread titles! That was "Three year hybrid owner", of course.

Pravus Prime 05-04-2007 09:29 PM

Re: 3-year hybrid over chiming in.

Originally Posted by Greekgeek (Post 123740)
Gack, I didn't know I was so tired.

Wish there were an edit function for thread titles! That was "Three year hybrid owner", of course.

Seems to me that's what it says. ;)

Welcome to GH.