05 FEH getting SSN message with lots of codes

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Enthusiast
Default 05 FEH getting SSN message with lots of codes

I'm hoping someone on the forum has some insight into this issue as I have checked everything I can think of pending a dealership appointment a week from today. I recently purchased a used 05 FEH with 150,000 miles, seems like I may have inherited more than I thought. It was a private sale so I'm trying to get all my info straight before I raise hell.

I drive my vehicle 4-5 hours a day on city streets for work with a fair amount of idling. When I exceed 30 min on the highway I get the SSN message, no wrench, and it immediately shuts down. After a 10-15 min cool down I am good for another 20-30 min. Of the 8-10 times, on one occasion I got a transaxel over temp message, on one I got something along the lines of regen braking disengaged once restarting. I am getting 28-32 mpg, showing substantially less because or work idling, but I reset and monitor it frequently.

Codes:
U2023
P0A0A
P0562
P0A3E
P0A3C
P1A04
P1A03
U0129
P0685
P0A7C
P1A0D
P1A0E
P1A0F
P2105

I have checked the MECS pumps and it is the original but working fine. I do have one on order, plan to replace it before it is an issue. The relays all tested good. 12V battery shows good voltage when car is off, running, and when load is applied when not running (all lights and radio); 12.8V+ in all situations. No strange sounds coming from rear or behind dash, though, since I got the car this way I don't know what sounds should be present. Can hear rear blend door close when car has been sitting, will replace actuator incase. Battery filter is dirty, new one on order (might trigger a code or two, not all). I plan on cleaning the throttle body and installing a scan gauge tomorrow to monitor the escalation of the situation better. When the car goes to the dealer Friday I expect them to flash the PCM and have them check the battery cable corrosion that the TSB was issued on. Most of th e codes seem to be overheat related so hopefully the reflash sorts some out.

Any other suggestions or insight of things I might not be considering. Anything I could easily check? Battery AC maybe? Anything I should monitor on the gauge outside of component temps?

Sorry for the essay, wanted to get all the info in here that I could. On my phone so there may be some auto corrected words mixed in. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:35 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 05 FEH getting SSN message with lots of codes

Mine flashed many codes that didn't even pertain to engine parameters, including a code for the 12V Battery, which clued me into it being weak and causing all the other codes. My battery load tested fine, but it was going on 5yrs old and I figured I might as well change it. As soon as I did, I never showed another code. I'm too lazy to see which, if any, of your codes might be for the 12V Battery, but if it coded, get that battery changed out even if it load tests okay.