'08 Escape Hybrid needs rotors and pads soon--Any advice please? Brands?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Enthusiast
Exclamation '08 Escape Hybrid needs rotors and pads soon--Any advice please? Brands?

Hi Guys,

I would really appreciate any words of advice you guys have..

I plan on doing it myself like my other vehicles, but which brands for pads and rotors? I don't want squeaks and noises, but don't want to over spend either. Raybestos? Wagner? Motorcraft?

Also, I saw these on RockAuto: Do I need to replace Brake Rotor Shims?

Thanks!!

Old 09-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: '08 Escape Hybrid needs rotors and pads soon--Any advice please? Brands?

I changed out the stock parts to EBC as soon as I purchased the vehicle. The rotors are slotted and really add a sporty look to the vehicle. I went with the 7000 series Greenstuff pads. Exceptionally quiet, superior stopping ability, no detectable dusting and very long life.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Feral Engineer
Default Re: '08 Escape Hybrid needs rotors and pads soon--Any advice please? Brands?

I was experiencing no brake shudder, so I just de-glazed the old rotors and reused them with ceramic pads. I would go with brand name parts, as they are not that expensive, from a place like Rock.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: '08 Escape Hybrid needs rotors and pads soon--Any advice please? Brands?

Ok, thanks. Anyone else have experience with Raybestos or Wagner rotors/pads for their Hybrid Escape?

Thanks for your continued input!

Last edited by JCPerformance; 09-03-2013 at 08:54 AM.