08 FEH Nav DVD

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default 08 FEH Nav DVD

While we might of gotten a really good price on our 08 FEH. We were told by the dealer that the Nav DVD would be loaded when we brought it back for detailing. The next day we got it detailed, but the dealer told us that the DVD "Must have been stolen by someone in their service department." I was floored to think that they would actually tell a customer such a thing (it got damaged/lost or something would be much better). Not that we still wouldn't be a bit mad, but at least we would of retained some of whatever little faith we had in the dealer. By the way, this same "employee thief" also ran off with the owners manual.

They told us they ordered the DVD that day. We found out yesterday that they just put the order in for it. We called today to get an expected arrival date, but they told us it was on backorder and have no idea when it will come in.

So, we called Ford, they said that the FEH came with the DVD and we would have to contact dealer. When we told them we had and what the dealer said, they said yes, it was on backorder and they don't know either. We told Ford that we were pissed b/c now we have a $2,000 nav system that is useless. So of course Ford doesn't have any DVD's for their own cars. I told them that "That was a great, Ford doesn't even have the parts for 08 cars, ridiculous!!" But they said they would be happy to send an owners manual..so there's that.

So now I ask Ford if either they or the dealer would reimburse us if we could find one to buy. They said the dealer should, and if not contact Ford again. Not too confident that they would do anything.

So now I am looking to buy a Nav DVD just to get this thing working. I would like to get the current 7p map, but if I could get one that is a little older and have it still work, that would be OK. I have looked on ebay, but am not sure which ones would or would not work in my 08 FEH. Anybody out there wanna sell a map DVD (or know where one is) that would get our nav system working?

We love our new FEH, just wish we could use the Nav.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 08 FEH Nav DVD

The online Ford parts place I use lists the 08 nav CD as $188. Looks like they can be ordered, as it is doubtful any dealer would have one in stock. No telling when the map data for this CD was compiled...it could have been back in 2007.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Enthusiast

I have not found any in authorized Ford parts places that I have looked. Could you please provide the name of the place where you found it?

I wouldn't expect most Ford dealers to have it in stock, but I do expect the dealer I got the FEH from to have the one that Ford shipped with the vehicle. I also would think that Ford would have a few extras laying around for cases such as this. Maybe I'm just asking to much of them?

Customer service is a lost art in today's world, not just with Ford, but just about everywhere I go. Once they get the $$, corporate America just doesn't seem to care.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:15 PM

Had you already signed the purchase agreement when they claim the dvd was stolen?

Old 07-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Enthusiast

Yes. They told us it was "stolen" the day after we signed all the paperwork. Just found out that the dealer will NOT reimburse us. Called Ford, they said they will escalate the case to the customer service solution department. They said to expect a call on Monday or Tuesday. I guess we will just get an older version like 4p or 5p from ebay(and hope it works), just to get it going.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:03 PM

The 05-07 nav systems used a 12-disc system (broken down by region). I wouldn't bother trying one of those! If you do a search for Ford dealers with an online parts business, you will find. I noticed the part is under "Electrical".
Portable GPS systems are much cheaper, have more features, and are easier and cheaper to update than Ford's. If you really need a good GPS, you'll need to look to your local electronics store.

Last edited by D-mac; 07-17-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Need additional info
Old 07-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

If it helps any... my Job1 08 FEH came with the 5P map DVD.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Enthusiast

Cool. I did just like D-mac said and googled ford online parts. Went to Mossy Ford in SoCal, and they said they could sell me one(they show some version 7p in local warehouse). Now, why couldn't the dealer or Ford have done this already? Geesh.. Now I gotta get a hold of the dealer manager guy and ask if they will order it for me, from another Ford dealer. Or will I have to shell out the $175 that it cost?

Last edited by Slampro; 07-17-2009 at 02:30 PM. Reason: my "t" didn't work
Old 07-17-2009, 05:54 PM

I would go back to the dealer and call their bluff. If the cd was stolen after you signed the purchase agreement (you owned the car), then you will need a police report for the vehicle burglary (a felony) and theft (different states have different laws). Go to the dealer and when you arrive ask the general manager to call the local police department and have an officer dispatched to take the report.

Now the theft will be covered by their insurance and they will be responsible for replacing it....

I detest dealers that lie.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Enthusiast

It appears that you can once more purchase Ford branded Navigation DVDs on www.navigation.com. 8P is the latest they are selling at $199.00.

Quick Reply: 08 FEH Nav DVD

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands