'09 Escape Kleenex Holder

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Default '09 Escape Kleenex Holder

As many of you new '09 FEH/MMH owners have found out the tissue holder under the console armrest does not fit the box anymore. I cut a 1/4" off the bottom of the box and now it slides right in. You don't need the bottom of the box because the holder will hold the tissues in place.

Also, for those that don't know it, the two bins in the console can be taken out and mounted on the passenger side and rear of exterior console. A 15" laptop can then be placed in the much larger console space with the two bins removed.

GaryG

Old 03-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: '09 Escape Kleenex Holder

I'm still trying to find the ash tray. Don't smoke, but it's nice to throw garbage in it.

Didn't know I had a Kleenex holder. If I wasn't so tired from sand bagging, I'd check it out.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by colchiro
I'm still trying to find the ash tray. Don't smoke, but it's nice to throw garbage in it.

Didn't know I had a Kleenex holder. If I wasn't so tired from sand bagging, I'd check it out.
There is no ash tray -- hasn't been one for years. The dealers carry an ash-cup that fits snugly into a drink-cup holder.

I couldn't figure out what they were thinking when they redesigned the kleenex box holder. The '05 holder fit kleenex boxes perfectly. I can't find anything that fits in the '09.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tcampb01
There is no ash tray -- hasn't been one for years. The dealers carry an ash-cup that fits snugly into a drink-cup holder.

I couldn't figure out what they were thinking when they redesigned the kleenex box holder. The '05 holder fit kleenex boxes perfectly. I can't find anything that fits in the '09.
I didn't know earlier models had a tissue box holder. Where is it or was it a special order item? Is it that weird springy looking thing under the console armrest lid? If it is, what size fits there?

Thanks!

-Tony

Old 03-28-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by gpcpilot
I didn't know earlier models had a tissue box holder. Where is it or was it a special order item? Is it that weird springy looking thing under the console armrest lid? If it is, what size fits there?

Thanks!

-Tony
Yes, that's it under the arm rest. Those Kleenex boxes are 5" X 4 5/8" X 1" and the only place I still get them is at the checkout rack in Walmart. My '02 Explorer and '05 FEH have the holders that work perfect. The '09 FEH has a thinner one you have to cut 1/4" off the bottom of the box to get them in there. I've had many older Explorers that all had the holder also.

GaryG

Old 03-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: '09 Escape Kleenex Holder

Thanks Gary! I've had this car for two years and always wondered what that odd thing was. I've tried to figure out if it was a (poorly designed) CD holder or something like that. Now I feel stupid for not figuring it out sooner.

Now I just have to go find some Kleenex boxes for it. You'd think they would mention something in the Owner's Manual.

-Tony

Old 03-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

[quote=gpcpilot;200214]

Now I just have to go find some Kleenex boxes for it.

go to drugstore.com or this link: http://www.drugstore.com/search/sear...kleenze+tissue

and look for junior size Kleenze tissue.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Enthusiast

[quote=Billyk;200222]
Originally Posted by gpcpilot

Now I just have to go find some Kleenex boxes for it.

go to drugstore.com or this link: http://www.drugstore.com/search/sear...kleenze+tissue

and look for junior size Kleenze tissue.
Perfect, thanks!

-Tony

Old 03-29-2009, 09:00 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the link. Was at Walmart last night and they didn't have these. I know my wife and I would prefer a Puffs solution, but this is better than nothing.