Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   2005 FEH wont start after 15 days with no use HELP!!! (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/2005-feh-wont-start-after-15-days-no-use-help-29030/)

PSHybrid 08-06-2013 09:23 AM

2005 FEH wont start after 15 days with no use HELP!!!

My 2005 FEH wont start i went on vacation 15 day an left the FEH in home when i get back it wont start, i tried to charge the HV battery several times and dont work it appers to me that the HV battery is not getting any charge from the 12v battery, is there a way to check the voltage of the HV battery?, i have access to an OTC genisys Scanner, what should i check ? i need help, i live in mexico and basicaly none auto repair shop known anything about hybrids.

Thanks.

Billyk24 08-06-2013 08:15 PM

Re: 2005 FEH wont start after 15 days with no use HELP!!!

Is the vehicle turning over? do lights on the dash work? Does the noise occur when opening the door(s)? If the answer is no to all of the above, take a 12V portable power pack and hook it up to the engine compartment 12V battery. Once hooked up, you should heard a "wrrrr" as in the relays closing and allowing the vehicle to start.

PSHybrid 08-06-2013 09:44 PM

The engine dont turn over the Dashboard ligths and mesages apear in the displays i do hear relays working on the engine compartment i haber a message trata says "stop safetly now" i charge the 12v battery and use the button below the dash to charge the hv battery and no luck

Billyk24 08-07-2013 03:01 AM

It is not the big hybrid battery pack. Get your hands on a portable power pack and hook it up to see what happens.

PSHybrid 08-07-2013 06:23 AM

I already do that an nothing change, i change the 12v with a new one and the same thing

Billyk24 08-07-2013 01:49 PM

The scanguage has the ability to read the voltage of the hybrid battery pack. Where did you get this vehicle from?

PSHybrid 08-08-2013 01:43 PM

I brougth it in San Diego, imported and take it to where i live aproximatly. A 1000 miles south. I can use a genisys scanner to check for the voltage of the HV battery, i check today later an let you know.

PSHybrid 08-13-2013 05:41 PM

i finally did an scan with a OTC Genisys the code that worry me is this P0A0A, aparently it means that my TBCM is damage, can anyone confirm that?...

i really cant buy a new HV battery richt now....

FjordHybrid 08-14-2013 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by PSHybrid (Post 249347)
i finally did an scan with a OTC Genisys the code that worry me is this P0A0A, aparently it means that my TBCM is damage, can anyone confirm that?...

i really cant buy a new HV battery richt now....

I doubt that the HV battery is bad. I had a stop now message and no start after getting lightly (I thought, no visible damage) hit from behind. It was embarrasing as I had it towed to the dealer and all they did to fix it was to push both red buttons. It tripped the switch in the rear. Turns out that is in the owner's manual, too.:embarass: But even if this isn't your problem I still don't think a new HV battery is needed, something else has probably gone bad to get that code.

PSHybrid 08-14-2013 09:33 AM

Thanks for the response, i already check the IFS both of them, my problem started after i left the FEH 15 days without use when i tried to use it again it wont start the gas engine, only drive for about 20 secs and stop and send me the SSN message. I already check the HV battery and it has 326 V so i know the baterry is good but aparently the TBCM (the computer that control the HV baterry) apears to be bad, so i am triyng to find a way to confirm that i cant go to a dealer because here in mexico the FEH is not for sale and the dealers dont have the equipment and/or the training for this kind of vehicle, so you are my only hope for now ;););)...