2005 Ford escape hybrid Navigation screen backlight out

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 12:16 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2005 Ford escape hybrid Navigation screen backlight out

Hello,

Does anyone know of a way fixing one of these displays with a burnt out backlight? I am able to see the screen if I turn a flashlight onto it. I'm probably going to end up pulling it out and looking at it just to see if theres any obvious issues but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone knows a fix. Wasn't able to find anything online.

They aren't too expensive to replace but I'd prefer to fix it if possible. I know sometimes a blown fuse can cause this issue.

Also, are there any free service manuals available with schematics for these cars in general? Having trouble finding them like I had for my Honda's

Thanks for any help

Old 12-17-2018, 07:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2005 Ford escape hybrid Navigation screen backlight out

I guess my other post didnt work. I got it working by pulling the face plate off (4 screws) and the LCD off another 4 screws. Then took it apart removed the CCFL tube (which was burnt out). I put in some 12V LEDs from a strip wired them to the 12V ignition terminals on the back of the unit. Problem solved!

getting there

Almost...

Had a short I think from it being a bit thicker but I loosened one screw and its work fine again.

Wahoo!

Last edited by FEH_FEH; 12-17-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2005 Ford escape hybrid Navigation screen backlight out

Oh and the screen itself is a LQ065T9BR51:Datasheet

Couldn't find any cheap but if you do its super easy to swap them out without having to resort to hot glue, 12v leds and soldering to the terminals etc.

Hope this helps someone. Kept it from being tossed in the trash and me spending money on another unit.