2006 Escape Hybrid, driver door lock doesnt unlock after batter replaced

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2006 Escape Hybrid, driver door lock doesnt unlock after batter replaced

I had the 12 volt battery replaced by the dealer the other day and now my drivers door wont unlock with the fob or the electric locks inside. It will lock though. I am tyring to find out if anyone has seen this before so i can complain to the dealership about being charged for it. I can not prove the issue wasnt there before they replaced the battery.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Default Re: 2006 Escape Hybrid, driver door lock doesnt unlock after batter replaced

Originally Posted by vader83
I had the 12 volt battery replaced by the dealer the other day and now my drivers door wont unlock with the fob or the electric locks inside. It will lock though. I am tyring to find out if anyone has seen this before so i can complain to the dealership about being charged for it. I can not prove the issue wasnt there before they replaced the battery.
I had this happen when I took my '09 FEH in for carpet and seat damage from a chlorine spill. The fob that was with the FEH would not work when I got it back but the other one I had still worked. They had to reprogram the front seats after removing them and this must have screwed up that fob programming.

Take your FEH back and I'm sure they will take care of it for free. You will need both of your fobs for them to reprogram them again. They told me it would take a hour to fix it. I need to still get it done.

GaryG

Old 09-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 Escape Hybrid, driver door lock doesnt unlock after batter replaced

It isnt just the fob that doesnt work though. It is also when you physically press the unlock in the car that it doesnt unlock.

I think resetting the fob is easy, it is just a sequence that i am sure you can find online. I used to know how to do it, but it has been too long since i needed to. I did it for my 03 escape a few years back.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

I just bought a new fob (eBay). The programming is child's (pre-fifth grader) play.
Turn the ignition to ON (not start). Then, turn it OFF and ON EIGHT times in less that 20 seconds. (you will hear and see some indication that you're in programming mode) Then push ANY button on the FOB (you'll see and hear the same thing again). DONE.
If you have more FOB's then push any button on each of them too (within 5 seconds, each)
Piece of cake!

Old 11-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Enthusiast

this exact thing happened to me this week with my 2006 ford escape. i replaced the battery two days ago, and the driver's side door does not unlock with the key fob or with the electrical lock button. so, were you able to find out what the answer is? (noticing a pattern...)

Old 08-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bjjb
this exact thing happened to me this week with my 2006 ford escape. i replaced the battery two days ago, and the driver's side door does not unlock with the key fob or with the electrical lock button. so, were you able to find out what the answer is? (noticing a pattern...)
This exact thing happened to me. Any solutions?

Old 08-12-2011, 02:35 PM

My problem ended up to be chlorine that damaged my carpet and seats also got on my hands and ended up corroding my fob inside.

The problem I'm hearing here sounds like the Smart Junction box (SJB) or bad fuse. I'd check all the fuses in the SJB and the fuses in the Battery Junction Box (BJB) first.

GaryG

Old 08-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Cheapskate

Did anyone who was experiencing this problem get it resolved?

I'm having the exact same symptoms. 12V battery died today. Just replaced it. Everything seems fine except the power unlock of the driver's door, either from the door switch or the fob. I can unlock manually, but power unlock of just that door is not working. Power lock works fine.

I did turn up the following via Google: http://www.justanswer.com/ford/52182...rd-escape.html and
http://www.justanswer.com/ford/53fhs...pe-hybrid.html

Last edited by elborak; 08-20-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You might try reprogramming the Power Door Lock/Unlock features per the owner's manual. Maybe part of that programming was lost when the battery was replaced.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Cheapskate

Originally Posted by econoline
You might try reprogramming the Power Door Lock/Unlock features per the owner's manual. Maybe part of that programming was lost when the battery was replaced.
I'd considered that, and have printed out that section of the manual. However even the Smart Unlock feature doesn't work, and that's not something you can reprogram (so far as I know).

Web consensus seems to be an SJB problem due to a power spike when changing the battery. Whether it just needs to be reprogrammed by the dealer or replaced is the $10K question.

Quick Reply: 2006 Escape Hybrid, driver door lock doesnt unlock after batter replaced

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands