2006 FEH Wrench/Service Soon

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 FEH Wrench/Service Soon

Carl, I didn't get to try all the codes, I did eariler try the DTC (I think that's it) and it reads 1.pfi- I know it was discussed in another thread that even tho it's a hybrid exclusive item it's not covered in the hybrid 100k warrenty. Not sure why the Ford ESP preieum warrenty would not cover this part. look into the paper wook and see what's excluded. I think someone in one of the other threads mentioned a $233 - $266 price (again can' t remember and on my cell right now).When I taked to the service rep today he told me it stores the code for 25 cycles. Now I don't know if he ment the 'normal' codes or the 'wrench' codes, even the he kept saying wrench.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I'm on the road for business travel and I don't have my Helms manual.
Maybe someone could help.

Is the front blend door similar to, or the same as the rear?
And I'm talking about the diverter, not the temperature blender.

Recently, my front climate control got stuck on the floor only setting.
It then a day later got "unstuck" and started working.

Thanks.
-John

Old 02-19-2009, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by pfi309
OK. called the dealer today to check if my extended warranty covered fixing blend door actuator, he said it didn't. I have the premium care Ford extended warranty, anyone have experience with this.
I just got out my paper work, and too I have the Premum care ESP. It says 500 items covered, I can't imagine that a $1-200 component required to cool the batt to prevent damage to a $5k battery is not covered. I'll try to remember to ask when I go in today.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

gpsman1 the front door mode actuators in the 05-07 FEHs are old school vacuum motors. Sticking doors can be from low vacuum, binding, bad switch, extreme cold,... etc

Old 02-20-2009, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by pfi309
OK. called the dealer today to check if my extended warranty covered fixing blend door actuator, he said it didn't. I have the premium care Ford extended warranty, anyone have experience with this.
OK just got back from the dealer, that was fast, I'm sure they didn't work on it last night (droped off after 430, closes at 6pm) and got a call about 10am today sayings its ready.

So I guess it does store the code (25 cycles maybe) as it was to cold out to trigger the light on (has been coming on on days over 70 and driving more than 10 min)

The guys they stick out front now, 'service managers' I guess they are, pretty clueless. I pull in, say I have an intermittent wrench light, I'd bet it's the battery actuator, there's a TSB on it, I just don't have the # on me. "well the wrench can be a ton of things". When he calls this morning, "it was a blah blah r(eading some paper obviously) HV battery actuator, wait didn't you say something like this yeaterday?"

Oh and I asked specficly if the premium ESP would have covered this, and he went to his computer and said Yes it does!

Wow I just googled the part # 8l8z-19e616-e and got this $12 on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Ford-8L8Z-19E6.../dp/B000O0SFJE

Wow I should have asked the total before I let it get covered by warenty as my selling dealer gave me an option to refund the total ESP plan if unused in 5 yrs 60k miles.

Last edited by 08hybridok; 02-21-2009 at 04:46 PM. Reason: added part#
Old 02-20-2009, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by 08hybridok

Wow I just googled the part # 8l8z-19e616-e and got this $12 on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Ford-8L8Z-19E6.../dp/B000O0SFJE

Wow I should have asked the total before I let it get covered by warenty as my selling dealer gave me an option to refund the total ESP plan if unused in 5 yrs 60k miles.
Amazing that the part is only $12. Labor appears to be 1.1hr, but I don't know what shop rates are. Here's a link that describes the replacement in great detail for you out of warranty guys.
http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&p=30778

Old 04-13-2009, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by DesertDog
You can check for the presence of non-uniform Diagnostic Trouble Codes for the TBCM using the BTC xgauge:

TXD: 0745220200
RXF: 046205020600
RXD: 3008
MTH: 000100010000
NAM: BTC

If the BTC for the TBCM shows a non-zero number, then you retrieve the DTC with the following xgauge:

TXD: 07451800FF00
RXF: 024D13580000
RXD: 2010
NAM: DTC

The DTCs will be coded per OBD-II specs. When I had the blend door issue I was able to retrieve the DTC at any time, whether the wrench light was lit or not for at least 2 weeks.
I tried to retrieve the DTC but no data at all was returned for it despite my BTC having a value of 1. My wrench light & service soon message displayed last night so less than 24 hours ago, or roughly 4 key on/off cycles.

I've either improperly entered the characters you provided above (I have a 2-year-old vying for my attention, so that's entirely possible even though I tried it three different times) or there's something else going on.

At this point I just want my wrench light & service soon message to come back on and force my hand... as long as the dealer's service department is open at the time. :-/

Old 04-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeekGal
I tried to retrieve the DTC but no data at all was returned for it despite my BTC having a value of 1. My wrench light & service soon message displayed last night so less than 24 hours ago, or roughly 4 key on/off cycles.

I've either improperly entered the characters you provided above (I have a 2-year-old vying for my attention, so that's entirely possible even though I tried it three different times) or there's something else going on.

At this point I just want my wrench light & service soon message to come back on and force my hand... as long as the dealer's service department is open at the time. :-/
When you say no data, do you mean the display is blank or that it reads 0000?

I'll try to force a TBCM DTC this evening to see if I can get a display.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by DesertDog
When you say no data, do you mean the display is blank or that it reads 0000?

I'll try to force a TBCM DTC this evening to see if I can get a display.
All three times I tried it (rekeying it or at least carefully rechecking each character of input per your post), the DTC returned nothing whatsoever -- no zeroes or any other characters. The BTC still showed its value of 1. Will have to try again when kidlet's under alternate adult supervision.

Really appreciate your posts, your information and availability here on the forums. This is not the first time I've noticed your informative posts, though it's the first time I've directly benefited from/referenced them for my own vehicle.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeekGal

ARRGGHHH... the coding for DTC is wrong - sorry about that. I usually do these from memory but seem to have some brain farts in there more often than not. Anyway,

If the BTC for the TBCM shows a non-zero number, then you retrieve the DTC with the following xgauge:

TXD: 07451800FF00
RXF: 024D13580000 THIS SHOULD BE A 4 - 024D145800
RXD: 2010
NAM: DTC

On my FEH with BTC displaying 0, the DTC xgauge shows 0000. Yours might be showing 9239 ...... or something else

Last edited by DesertDog; 04-13-2009 at 03:52 PM.

Quick Reply: 2006 FEH Wrench/Service Soon

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands