2008 escape hybrid battery won't recharge

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 01:29 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2008 escape hybrid battery won't recharge

About a week ago I left my car lights on overnight causing my battery to die, I tried to press the button that allows an automatic jump start but it didnt work.

I bought a new 12v battery and the car worked fine for about 2 days and then the next morning it was dead again. I took the battery back to lordco for testing and they said the battery is fine. Stumped, I called a mechanic over to do a diagnostic reading and he said I have a problem with my charging system. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this kind of problem and how they resolved it?

Old 10-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 escape hybrid battery won't recharge

You may have a relay issue that is preventing the vehicle from starting. These are located in the engine compartment (box) where I believe 4 exist. One of these may have gone bad. Of course, using a code reader may enable more information. Good luck as your issue is not the 12V battery or hybrid battery.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Cheapskate
Default Re: 2008 escape hybrid battery won't recharge

Originally Posted by Harrydho
I tried to press the button that allows an automatic jump start but it didnt work.
Not germane to your main point, but I believe you have misunderstood the purpose of the "jump start" button. It's not to charge the hybrid battery from the 12V battery, it's the other way around.