Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   2008 FEH: ABS and Parking Light On / Dealership Says It's Hoses (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/2008-feh-abs-parking-light-dealership-says-its-hoses-31640/)

egon10psi 07-31-2018 07:13 AM

2008 FEH: ABS and Parking Light On / Dealership Says It's Hoses

-The other day I am sitting my car with the AC running (hot out) and the ABS and Parking light come on.
- I drive it home and let it sit overnight.
- Wife (short drive) takes it to work the next 2 days and the no lights.
- It popped on again the other day when we were leaving the gym

I scanned it and got these codes: C1478 and C1480 (I know there is a thread about the HCU but Ford is saying that ins't the problem)

I took it to Ford :(

- They scanned it and only mention one code: C1487

- They are saying I need new front pads/rotors/calipers/hoses at the cost of $912.00. They are saying the hoses are causing it due to rust in the lines. I said what if that doesn't turn the light off? He said that will be on them. I don't believe them.

Thoughts?

elborak 07-31-2018 05:28 PM

Re: 2008 FEH: ABS and Parking Light On / Dealership Says It's Hoses

If you do decide to have them perform the service, make sure the "on them" clause is in writing. If they won't do that, you were right to not believe them; leave and make it clear you won't be back (either for service or future purchase).

egon10psi 07-31-2018 05:34 PM

Good idea. I just don't understand how the brake pads being low / hoses having rust in them would cause the ABS and Parking Light lights to come on. I feel that is more of a sensor problem.

Also 900 for a brake job is high...

econoline 07-31-2018 06:30 PM

What do you mean by the "Parking Light" light? Is that the "brake system warning light" that also comes on when the parking brake is set?

egon10psi 07-31-2018 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by econoline (Post 266073)
What do you mean by the "Parking Light" light? Is that the "brake system warning light" that also comes on when the parking brake is set?

Yes I believe so. Are those separate lights? I can check again tomorrow but I thought it was the parking brake light. I could be mistaken.

08hybridok 08-07-2018 05:29 PM

I just got the same 2 codes; harder to brake.

But just drove it home from them with no codes/lights.

egon10psi 08-07-2018 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by 08hybridok (Post 266145)
I just got the same 2 codes; harder to brake. Took it to my dealer & they told me it's the $5k HCU that needs replacing =(

But just drove it home from them with no codes/lights. Maybe it's just because they cleared them? I'm sure it'll be back sooner or later.

So I seem to be able to activate the codes if get it hot. Example: Stay parked with the motor running and run the AC in warm weather. Boom. The lights comes on.

I don't know why they think it is the brakes. If I can get them to sign something saying that they will be responsible for the code then I may just pay the 900 for them to change the brakes and when they light comes back make them responsible for whatever the fix is. Probably the HCU....

Lois0697 09-22-2018 10:11 AM

Wondering where you are in this brake journey? Did you have your brakes/hoses replaced and bled? If so, how are the brakes now? Thank you, following for advice.