2009 FEHL Nav system/status bars

Old 04-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: 2009 FEHL Nav system/status bars

Originally Posted by Green Lantern
KC...to be honest, I read your thread when you started it but was unclear as to what you were trying to convey or ask input on. As a result, I simply ignored the message.

Now, to the topic, I rarely play CD's but will take a look and see if I experience the time freeze when doing so. When I first read your message I thought you were just talking about playing a dvd and since I never do that I was not following your post. Most likely my not understanding versus anything you posted.

I did, however, post quite sometime ago on the topic of the date only showing when my audio was off but my time showed all the time.

P
yep. It happens when you play a DVD, for me atleast. Maybe a CD does the same but I've put them all on the HD. I'll dig one out and try it.
If I'm up late some night I'll see if the date is frozen too or just the center time.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2009 FEHL Nav system/status bars

Originally Posted by jaynet2000
The problem is in their TIS database and there is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) that your dealer can pull up which explains the exact procedure for reprogramming the computer. Tell your dealer to look up TSB # 20668.
I took the car in today for the Sync 2.0 update and also asked them to take care of the status bar issue -- referring to the TSB #. They hoped the Sync 2.0 update would just fix the issue -- but it doesn't. They still need to do the reprogramming recommended by the TSB.

The problem is my dealer cannot find TSB 20668. They're thinking it was pulled or updated (perhaps for Sync 2.0) but couldn't find a way to find any issues pertaining to the Sync status bars.

Has anybody else gone in recently about this issue? Do you know how the original dealer ever managed to diagnose the problem and come up with this TSB? I'm wondering if there's another way to search.

My dealer tells me they occasionally obsolete an old TSB but generally there's a pointer to the new updated TSB that replaces it when they do this. Right now they cannot find anything at all.

They were thinking the TSB # provided here might be wrong (typo) but searching Google we're able to find other websites mentioning the same number for this issue -- so I doubt it's a typo. I just don't know why the dealer can't find anything related to it.

Any pointers would be most welcome.

Thanks & Regards,
Tim

Old 08-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Enthusiast

Sorry its no longer valid. As you suspected, its not a typo. However, I can still help you. I got the info originally from Sync Technical Support. Yeah, there is actually a Sync Tech Support number and the guys are pretty sharp, there. You can find it under i-->System Info in your Nav computer, but the number is- 1-800-392-3673. Hope this helps...

Jay

Old 08-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks Jay! I'll give them a call.

Regards,
Tim

Old 08-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: 2009 FEHL Nav system/status bars

Originally Posted by tcampb01

Regards,
Tim
Please let us know how it goes. I too tried my dealer when i had SYNC updated. Hope it goes well

Old 08-17-2009, 05:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by way2muchkc4u

Regards,
Tim
Please let us know how it goes. I too tried my dealer when i had SYNC updated. Hope it goes well

Yes, any updates on this?

Edit: There are several different issues mentioned in this thread, the one I'm interested in, Time and Date display disappear from Center Information Console when any media is played/playing (i.e., not time freezing when engine starts, not time appearing and date disappearing, etc) is discussed and what appears to be a dealer fix is mentioned in post #55 in this thread on Blue Oval forums.

Last edited by Coal Miner; 08-17-2009 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Blue Oval link
Old 08-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

Here's my update I took my 09 MMH into my dealer the other day. Had them look at the my issue with the center information console.

At first they were confused, I inferred that no one else ever requested this fix. I gave them a print out of one single message in the Blue Oval Forums thread mentioned above, and they used their IDS (Ford Diagnostic Tool) and out the latest upgrades on my vehicle. They were not 100% clear in reporting back if they also enabled some options when then did this.

In summary, I'm almost fixed, the date and time now display when any media is playing, but the several icons in the top line have stopped appearing. In the very top line of the center information console, some short text indicators (AM, FM, SAT1, SAT2, SAT3) and some icons (bluetooth icon, an icon for a CD, and an AM PM indication) used to appear, but not they do not appear at all after this IDS update.

I'm probably going to observe this some more, and then go back again and see if they can address this final issue. The hardest part seems to be explaining to them, either the service adviser or the technician doing the work, what is supposed to happen and how it's supposed to work. I don't think any of the people I dealt with are readily familiar with a Sync system and all the little functions it provides.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Enthusiast

Regards,
Tim

Not really meaning to ride coattails, but were you able to obtain a new TSB# from the Sync support line?