2009 FEHL Nav system/status bars

Old 02-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2009 FEHL Nav system/status bars

I just brought home my new 2009 FEHL. I have a small issue with the NAV system. The Status Bar on the top and the bottom of the Nav screen only display the direction. The owner's manual states that many other icons and indicators are and/or may be found in the status bars: the time, exterior temp, fan settings, etc. Anyone else have this issue? Is the FEHL only set up to display the direction in its Status Bar?

Also, the top digital display displays the current time ONLY when the NAV system is powered off. When the NAV system is on, it only displays AM or PM.

So, unless I am on the CLOCK tab of the MENU function, I don't know what time it is. There is supposed to be a "Display Time" option in the CLOCK tab, but I do not have it. Anyone else experience this, or do I need my dealer to attempt to re-install the software?

Old 03-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2009 FEHL Nav system/status bars

I have the exact same problem. Being a techie myself, I talked with the guys at the dealer to try to figure out how to fix this. We were unsuccessful. The nav in the 2009 Escape is different than past models. It is now the one used in the Flex. If you look at the LED display above the Nav unit, it is also supposed to show the time. The belief is that the signals from both displays are causing a conflict in the computer...i.e., there is a bug. We keep calling Ford Corp and emailing them...but nothing yet.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:51 AM
Enthusiast

Ok...everyone will be happy to know there is a fix for the missing clock issue!!! Mine is working great now. The computer just needs to be reprogrammed. Any dealer can do it. Of course, if your dealer gives you a dumb look when you say fix it, I can help you there, too. The problem is in their TIS database and there is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) that your dealer can pull up which explains the exact procedure for reprogramming the computer. Tell your dealer to look up TSB # 20668. How is that for specific information...:-). The upper display will show the time only with the radio on. If the radio is off, it will show time and date. Here is another cool feature. If the Escape is turned off, push the volume **** and the time will show up on the lower touch screen. Enjoy guys!!! By the way, Sync Support were the only folks knowledgeable enough to help. These folks were GREAT to work with. Its nice to see some real customer service. You can find the number by pushing the i button and going to the System tab.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

Did this fix cause anything on the upper display to disappear? e.g. I *definitely* want the time, compass heading, and exterior temp displayed on the upper display as it is now.

I probably wouldn't want to get the "fix" if it caused any of those things to show up on the LCD status bar the cost of having them disappear from the LED display on the top of the dash.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wax1973
...Also, the top digital display displays the current time ONLY when the NAV system is powered off. When the NAV system is on, it only displays AM or PM.
I also noticed this strange AM or PM only display, with no time on my 09 MMH. I suspected something was not quite right, but haven't spend enough time looking at it to figure out when the time display comes and goes away.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Enthusiast

The fix does not remove any of the existing things in the LED display. You'll still see the compass, temp, Radio setting, etc. In fact, the bluetooth symbol and several little things work better. When the radio is on, you will see the clock in the upper right hand corner where you now see AM/PM. When the radio is off, it will show up bigger at the bottom with the date, as well. Enjoy...

Old 03-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

Any Idea if they fixed the CD/DVD part of the display?
Currently when I play a CD it shows "CD" in the LED display. How ever if you put in a DVD it still says "CD". Not like I'm that dumb to not know. However you'd think if they list what "Sat#" you're on they could get the CD/DVD disc to show right.

Last edited by way2muchkc4u; 03-25-2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Enthusiast

Similar problem here--when I play anything besides a CD, the time will show correctly in the top display. When I play a CD, the time will show along with the date, but the time does not change. It seems to be a frozen image that loads when the CD loads, but never changes. Anyone experience this issue? Any fixes?

Also--is anybody able to see the date on the top display, no matter what is playing? Mine only shows when the radio is off/CD is playing/car starts and date briefly shows.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: 2009 FEHL Nav system/status bars

Originally Posted by csports786
Similar problem here--when I play anything besides a CD, the time will show correctly in the top display. When I play a CD, the time will show along with the date, but the time does not change. It seems to be a frozen image that loads when the CD loads, but never changes. Anyone experience this issue? Any fixes?

Also--is anybody able to see the date on the top display, no matter what is playing? Mine only shows when the radio is off/CD is playing/car starts and date briefly shows.
I only started a tread about this a week ago but no one gave a frak so good luck to you.
I have no idea what causes the LED time to "freeze" but i have it too.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by way2muchkc4u
I only started a tread about this a week ago but no one gave a frak so good luck to you.
I have no idea what causes the LED time to "freeze" but i have it too.
KC...to be honest, I read your thread when you started it but was unclear as to what you were trying to convey or ask input on. As a result, I simply ignored the message.

Now, to the topic, I rarely play CD's but will take a look and see if I experience the time freeze when doing so. When I first read your message I thought you were just talking about playing a dvd and since I never do that I was not following your post. Most likely my not understanding versus anything you posted.

I did, however, post quite sometime ago on the topic of the date only showing when my audio was off but my time showed all the time.

P

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009 FEHL Nav system/status bars

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands