2nd row seat cover suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 07:51 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2nd row seat cover suggestions

Anyone have any suggestions what / where i can get a 2nd row seat cover? I have a dog and she travels with me and I really dont need her to trash the 2nd row seat like she did my car before. I have leather and well.. dognails and leather dont mix well lol

Old 12-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2nd row seat cover suggestions

www.wetokole.com . not cheap but tuff as nails. had em in my jeep

Old 12-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

08Hybrid,

I too have leather seats and transport a dog almost every day during the summer and probably three days a week in the winter. I too hate the scratches that leather tends to get as well as the hair that gets stuck in the carpet or cloth seating surfaces (if you don't have leather). I've found that the best way to keep the seats and carpet clean is to:

1.) fold the seats down when transporting the dog
2.) cover the back of the second row seats with something like this http://store.uhaul.com/product_detail.aspx?id=2338. It's cut to fit each 60/40 section and down the sides of each (basically covers everywhere there's carpet on the seat) I also did the bottoms of the seat bottoms as part of them show when the seats are folded down. This is cheap, easy, and totally removable/replaceable as conditions apply. Properly done, you can fold the seats back up and passengers will hardly know it's there unless they are looking hard.

For the rear cargo area, I've got a Husky liner (I went with them as they were the only manufacturer that I could find that had one specifically for the 08 FEH/MMH. The shape of the 08 FEH/MMH is different from the previous models as well as the non-FEH/MMH from what I've read. You can find several vendors online that sell the correct model for the 08 FEH/MMH.

With this combo, all I have to do is vacuum and there's almost no hint of dog and my back seats are just like the day I first drove off the lot.

If you really want to leave the seats up, I think there are some full seat covers out there but be prepared to pay...

Old 12-03-2007, 04:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MyPart

1.) fold the seats down when transporting the dog
Yep. That's what I do. And is the top reason why I look for seat backs that fold flat.