37K miles later, happy. Extended warranty options

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Enthusiast
Default 37K miles later, happy. Extended warranty options

Live in Staten Island, NY. Very happy owner of an '08 FWD after 19 months and 37K miles. Experiencing about 30-31 MPG in winter months (down to ~28MPG when outside temperatures are consistently less than about 20'F), 34-37MPG in spring/summer/fall with a lot of highway driving with one 41MPG on a tank with almost no hwy driving.

Not being an experienced car person, I opted for the extended warranty (hey, I'm keeping this until at least 150K miles). The www.myfordwarranty.com site was about 40% cheaper than standard Ford rates. The dealer I purchased the Escape from (Maryland) and dealer I use for basic servicing (NJ) both tried pushing the standard Ford extended warranty very hard.

Went with the above WebSite (which is a Ford dealer, just looking to make a contrite profit on the warranty since there is no overhead via the Internet), went into the local service dealer 3 days after purchasing the extended warranty and the service management clearly stated the VIN for my vehicle was in the system and that full Ford warranty is coverage is in effect at the Premium level up to 100K miles. I wish I had a photo of their faces when I mentioned I didn't purchase the warranty from the sales person and I still hadn't gotten an answer from their sales team as to what the differences in warranties were.