Is $9k for 09 FEH Limited with 160k miles reasonable?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default Is $9k for 09 FEH Limited with 160k miles reasonable?

I'm new to the forum, trying to buy a used FEH. I came across a dealer listing for a 2009 FEH Limited with nav having 160k miles on it for $9k. I ran an auto check on it, and it shows 4 previous owners. Is this a good price? KBB shows around $8k for good condition. The carfax report shows the recall on the electric power steering, does this mean it was taken care of?

Thanks!

Old 12-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Is $9k for 09 FEH Limited with 160k miles reasonable?

I'm a bit concerned about it having 4 previous owners. It would be hard to imagine all of them looked after it properly. But then, if the asking price is $9K, probably you could get it for, say, $7500. That leaves a lot of money to fix anything wrong with it.

The Nav system is rare. I wish mine had it.

No accidents?

I assume by "dealer" you mean a third-party, not a Ford dealership. Maybe getting it inspected by a Ford dealership prior to purchase would be a good idea.

Having had the power steering recall done means no more than that the last owner was at least somewhat responsible.

My '09 Limited FEH has 100k miles on it, and since everything has been fixed on it, it works fine.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Is $9k for 09 FEH Limited with 160k miles reasonable?

Originally Posted by xspirit
I'm a bit concerned about it having 4 previous owners. It would be hard to imagine all of them looked after it properly. But then, if the asking price is $9K, probably you could get it for, say, $7500. That leaves a lot of money to fix anything wrong with it.

The Nav system is rare. I wish mine had it.

No accidents?

I assume by "dealer" you mean a third-party, not a Ford dealership. Maybe getting it inspected by a Ford dealership prior to purchase would be a good idea.

Having had the power steering recall done means no more than that the last owner was at least somewhat responsible.

My '09 Limited FEH has 100k miles on it, and since everything has been fixed on it, it works fine.
Thank you!

Yes, I too am concerned about the car having many owners. The carfax doesn't show any accidents:

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...CU49359KA32316

I was thinking about offering $7.5k and seeing what they respond with. I'll definitely take it to a Ford dealership if I decide to proceed.