Activated Charcoal Cabin Air Filter?

Old 12-07-2007, 06:28 AM
HEV's are your friend
Default Activated Charcoal Cabin Air Filter?

Hey guys. Did some searches around here, and elsewhere. I am looking for an activated charcoal/carbon air filter for my 06 FEH. Right now I am running a 3m ultra furnace filter as my cabin filter.

I found that Fram makes one that they say fits, however only 1 place online carries it that I found, and I have never heard of them.

http://www.fram.com/products/flash/a...irFilters6.swf

CF10137
http://www.rockauto.com/dbphp/mfr,FR...bin+Air+Filter

Anyone have any ideas on a source? I saw the bosch ones, however they do not seem to have any sort of carbon filtering. The ones from micron air get good reviews as well, however they do not have a carbon filter for the escape.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:27 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit
Default Re: Activated Charcoal Cabin Air Filter?

All the activated carbon filters do (except raise the price) is reduce the smells fro the outside. I dont think they have enough carbon to do this very long, I would say save your money and just use the regular filter