after market upgrade..merry christmas to me

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default after market upgrade..merry christmas to me

I just picked up my 06 FEH from the dealer after having an after market leather comfort group upgrade. The job is outsourced and the quality of the leather and the top notch work is just exceptional. The seats are a tad bit wider and the headrests are soft and bigger as well. I had been regreting not buying leather when I bought the car, but the after market interior is far superior. I have no clue what is cost ( gift from hubby for christmas) and I dont care. The ride of the car is even smoother and far less bumpy.

Im struggling with MPG in these very cold temps ( ice storm yesterday) My ICE stays on longer and I go out of EV mode at about 20mph despite barely accelerating and causing traffic jams. Im trying the fake shift and dont think I have that down pat. In fact, I had a " service brakes" alarm the other day and the hybrid tech at the dealer said I had a power surge. I bet it was the fake shifting I was practicingm but I didnt mention that to him. He reset the computer and it went away. Now that I am finally comfortable in this car, I need to get back to learning how to drive it in low temps. I suffered this summer with no max a/c and did quite well, but Im having trouble now especially since I have a lot of short hops. Advice?

Old 12-16-2005, 07:15 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: after market upgrade..merry christmas to me

Hi Anne What a very nice (Hubby);

I know you are Having a Very Merry Christmas:

Terry