Aftermarket Air Filter, Engine and Hybrid Battery?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default Aftermarket Air Filter, Engine and Hybrid Battery?

So in prep for this 8,000 voyage I'm taking my 2008 FEH (57k) I want to replace my filters, from what I've found, the cabin air filter is a pain in the butt to install so I'm not gonna do it, but the engine and hybrid battery are no p problem, my only question, should I spend the $60 to get the motor craft versions through autopartswarehouse.com or just get something from Autozone, what do people suggest?

Old 08-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Aftermarket Air Filter, Engine and Hybrid Battery?

I bought my filter for the hybrid battery outside air intake (FP51) from rock auto. It's a regular motorcraft filter and runs $11.89 a piece. To save a bit on shipping I bought 3 at a time, so I had a little cache to last me a while. I would also suggest this a filter that I bet is not often changed when it should be. When I had an oil change at my local Ford Dealer (at a time when I knew the hybrid battery filter was due for a change), they didn't mention anything about it. And I bet they never would remind me to change it had I not known it was time.

John

Last edited by chaunceyjb; 08-09-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Quality aftermarket filters are fine...Wix, NAPA, Purolator to name just a few. Ford doesn't actually manufacture our filters, they are simply labeled "Motorcraft".

Old 08-15-2012, 07:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There's a whole thread dedicated to this subject stickied at the top of the page.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...-thread-15380/