Alternative to the Hybrid/Nav or Scangauge options

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Alternative to the Hybrid/Nav or Scangauge options

I started with ACP as this thread had some detail; however, after reading some of the ODB-2 info over at mp3Car, I think that may be better. There is some open source ODB-2 software, so we may be able to modify it for the mpg and battery SOC info that we want to get out of it. Right now I have the ACP wires connected to my laptop and I am doing some logging. I will have to find a good ODB-2 interface and order it. Any suggestions?

Old 02-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bradisbest
I will have to find a good ODB-2 interface and order it. Any suggestions?
I have developed an OBD II interface that works with all the OBD II protocols including CAN. It is pretty flexible and lets you set CAN ID's and monitor for different can id ranges etc at a very reasonable price.

If folks identify the proprietary messages that they are interested in I will be more than happy to incorporate them into the interface and offer additional functionality.

You can find more details at www.obdpros.com

Thanks
Paul

Old 02-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by psmith

If folks identify the proprietary messages that they are interested in I will be more than happy to incorporate them into the interface and offer additional functionality.
I believe this was the thread that had details on the SoC message from the OBD port:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...t=state+charge

Old 02-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

econoline posted this in another thread and I think this CAN bus info might be helpful....

http://www.eaa-phev.org/wiki/Escape_PHEV_TechInfo

scroll down and see.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

17) State of Charge. Unsigned 16 bits. Units: mAh? 0.25%?. Range seen by Hybrids Plus, stopped: 349 to 482. When stopped, and charging, the engine stops when the SOC level reaches 01DEh and starts when the SOC drops to 01BDh = 445d. Ryan and Rich seem to have observed values ranging from a minimum of 01B0h at which point the ICE started while driving, to a maximum of 025Eh during heavy downhill regen at which point compression braking began. The value is 0000h if the HV safety plug is removed.

Old 02-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by psmith
I have developed an OBD II interface that works with all the OBD II protocols including CAN. It is pretty flexible and lets you set CAN ID's and monitor for different can id ranges etc at a very reasonable price.

You can find more details at www.obdpros.com

Thanks
Paul
Is this enough information for you to incorporate it into your software? If not, what else do you need?

Old 05-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Enthusiast

It has been sometime since this thread was active. Has anyone decoded this? I just got a 2009 FEH without Nav and want to do a Car PC and would really love to get the HEV screens...or something similar.

Thanks
Steve

Old 05-10-2011, 04:34 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Have you seen this: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...-review-21222/

Not quite what your asking, but 4.3" beats the SG screen any day.