Any way to make seats more comfortable

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 05:39 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Any way to make seats more comfortable

I like the FEH, and am giving it serious thought as my next vehicle, but one thing that gives me pause is the seats. I find the driver's seat uncomfortable. I am slender, but was in an accident that left my left side slightly atrophied. Not a big deal usually, though it sometimes is in my Prius (a tad small for my needs, hence the interest in the FEH). A Volvo 850 I had never gave me trouble. The left, raised part of the FEH seat presses against my hip uncomfortably.

All of which is a long-winded way of asking, any clever suggestions?

Old 03-22-2009, 05:19 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Any way to make seats more comfortable

Link: http://www.comfortchannel.com/prod.itml/icOid/135
It is possible to customized the "seat" in your vehicle. The concept is similar to what is done in wheelchairs. One can add various seat and lumbar cushions in an attempt to customize the fit. It is possible remove the seat entirely from the vehicle and replace it with something else. It is done in the medical professional/allied health care via private vendors for those requiring such a setup. I do not know the specifics of your medical history but you may be eligible for assistance thru State or Federal governmental programs including Veterans Affairs Administration or insurance plans if your Medical Provider agrees this is necessary.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

My wife's MM has adjustable lumbar support. I'm thinking about doing this again: http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12636&

Old 03-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Interestingly, I recently had the opportunity to rent an FEH with cloth seats (until now I mostly drove ones with leather seats). It was not bad, a little low back trouble but really no big deal. I could be the leather they use makes the seats less comfortable than cloth (usually it is the opposite).

Old 07-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Enthusiast

Volvo parts such as car seats should be an example of extreme comfort and convenience. We should look up to them, for they are experts when it comes to passenger comfort. I have never know more comfortable seats than those in Volvo cars. I have owned a couple of volvos for ten years and until now, their seats are still extremely comfortable.