Anyone else get locked out of your FEH?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 07:21 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone else get locked out of your FEH?

Thanks GatorJ !

And the FOrd ones are all the same? I've read this and they all look the same.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:46 AM
Enthusiast

It appears that this guy is offering to sell you "detailed instructions on how to find their master code" for $20.00. He doesn't appear to be selling the keypads themselves.
Gary V.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:03 PM
HEV's are your friend

Gator, any pictures of your installs? I have thought about doing the same thing with a wireless keypad under the mirror to hide it. However I could always just put it on the door too :-)

Old 07-11-2006, 03:15 PM

Hi EOppie

I just uploaded two picture of my new keyless entry.

Shannon

You can also see the tinting match you were looking for.

GaryG

Old 07-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Hi EOppie

I just uploaded two picture of my new keyless entry.

Shannon

You can also see the tinting match you were looking for.

GaryG
Thanks, Gary! I was going to get my tinting done this week but then I broke my radio antenna and am having to get that repaired first (and see how much it costs, if not under warranty).

I'm hoping to schedule my tinting next week. Need to wash my FEH and post before & after photos...

Old 07-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Anyone else get locked out of your FEH?

Thanks Gator,

I got my keyless keypad from the ebay auction that you mentioned, all for about $54 with shipping.
It only took me about 10-15 minutes to put it on the vehicle and program it with my 2 keys. It works great and I'm glad that I read this forum to find out that I could save by going to ebay instead of spending over $100 at a dealership.
I have one question about the keypad. In the directions, it states that after you type in the 5 digit code to open the doors, you have 2 additional options, 1) you can hit the 3-4 key to unlock all the other doors or 2) you can hit the 5-6 key to open the back liftgate. The 3-4 key option does unlock all the remaining doors, however, when I hit the 5-6 the back liftgate latch will unlock but it will not open. Not a big problem but slightly different result than the directions. Has anyone else noticed this result?
Thanks again for the suggestion for both the keypad and the ebay auction!!!

Old 07-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Thats only going to happen if the vehicle has an automatic trunk/liftgate release. The FEH doesn't have one. IF it did there would be a button inside that would open the liftgate. There isn't, so its not going to add that feature.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:25 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Anyone else get locked out of your FEH?

TeeSter,
Thanks for the explanation. On our 2003 Ford Explorer, the 5-6 option opened the liftgate and when it did not do the same on the 2006 Escape Hybrid I was not sure why. Your explanation makes sense.
When we bought the vehicle back in April, the keypad option was one that I wanted but did not realize that it could be added in this manner. Even without that liftgate option, I still like the keypad option!!
Thanks again.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

Anyone in Canada has had luck obtaining this item either through eBay or online vendor? I checked eBay but almost all do not ship over to Canada... sigh

Old 08-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KermitCar
how much did it cost you to have it installed?
I just installed one on my 05 FEH during the week. It took me about 10 minutes to install (and most of that time was spent getting my FEH in "Program Mode".)

I bought mine from the local Ford Dealer since I did not find any on eBay.

According to the Owner's Manual, we can have up to 4 "Keyless remotes" programmed to control the locks for our FEHs. The instructions for placing the FEH in "Program Mode" in the instructions for the wireless Keypad is the same as the instructions in the Owner's Manual.

I'd like to thank everyone in this thread for bringing this "option" to my attention. I had seen this item in the accessories catalog, but never looked into it. Now I am glad I bought it.

Rich

Quick Reply: Anyone else get locked out of your FEH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands