Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Anyone else have brake issues pop up after getting pads replaced? (2008) (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/anyone-else-have-brake-issues-pop-up-after-getting-pads-replaced-2008-a-31717/)

tommyball 10-05-2018 09:58 AM

Anyone else have brake issues pop up after getting pads replaced? (2008)

Has anyone else had brake issues that didn't really pop up until after having the pads replaced?
I got my rear pads replaced in Dec. 2017 at about 125K miles. Since then, very intermittently, I've heard the weird HCU noise on start up along with the ABS & 'Check Brake System' warning, along with a C1480 code. The warnings only showed at startup and disappeared on a restart. I had the brakes flushed and things were fine for a few months. I took the car into the dealership the other day for front pads and mentioned the intermittent issues I've had, and now that they got the warning light, it's awaiting diagnosis. I'm aware of SSM-457870, so I'm hoping it's just a hose issue.

D-mac 10-06-2018 08:01 AM

Re: Anyone else have brake issues pop up after getting pads replaced? (2008)

I remember reading the FEH used different metallic brake pads than conventional Escapes, wonder if your replacement pads were different? Also many FEHs have had the ABS tone rings fail, which causes brake light issues.

Lois0697 10-06-2018 10:52 AM

Re: Anyone else have brake issues pop up after getting pads replaced? (2008)

Yes had the same problems start about 5 months after replacing brakes/rotors at 96,000 miles. I won't drag you through the whole story but, after 2 stealership's incorrect HCU diagnosis, it turned out to be the brakes hoses. Complete flush, hoses replaced, we're doing great! 06/15/2019 @ 111,000 miles our HCU/ABS world is just fine. :)