Anyone with factory NAV/Hybrid display able to get the Fuel Econ readout in cluster?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Anyone with factory NAV/Hybrid display able to get the Fuel Econ readout in cluster?

I hate the factory Nav/radio in my 2006. I'd love to replace it with an aftermarket unit but don't want to lose all the fuel economy info. I know the Hybrids without Nav get fuel economy readouts in the gauge cluster and was wondering if there is a way to get that on a vehicle that came with the NAV/Hybrid display?

Thanks,

Old 04-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone with factory NAV/Hybrid display able to get the Fuel Econ readout in clust

bump...

I had considered this so many times...and have looked at double din stereos that actually have a quality NAV...

I always pull back after thinking of the hybrid menus (neat little engine v battery use and FE)

Old 04-08-2011, 04:05 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone with factory NAV/Hybrid display able to get the Fuel Econ readout in clust

Have you looked at the scan gage?

Old 04-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

If you search around someone has posted about replacing the dash gage display (under the speedo) on a nav with the non-nav version.
But a scangage is plug n' play and will actually provide more info.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:15 PM

I'm sure the scan gauge is great but....
1. I am not interested in spending $170 for something the vehicle is capable of doing itself.
2. I am trying to reduce the number of additional "devices" I have mounted on my dash (sirius, bluetooth, X3 multi device switcher).

It seems silly to me that we can't get the computer to display the Fuel Economy info in the dash like on the standard escapes. I'd love a double-din in-dash receiver with GPS, bluetooth (phone and audio), USB, Sirius....and no more stuff mounted to my dash!

Old 05-02-2011, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tim K
I'm sure the scan gauge is great but....
1. I am not interested in spending $170 for something the vehicle is capable of doing itself.
2. I am trying to reduce the number of additional "devices" I have mounted on my dash (sirius, bluetooth, X3 multi device switcher).

It seems silly to me that we can't get the computer to display the Fuel Economy info in the dash like on the standard escapes. I'd love a double-din in-dash receiver with GPS, bluetooth (phone and audio), USB, Sirius....and no more stuff mounted to my dash!
Well, the SG is far more than just the one guage; used properly it can help you improve your driving for MPG.

BTW, I have mine mounted in the instrument cluster, under the Speedometer, rather than on the dash.