Anyone have an extra set of Factory tires in the Northeast?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Megageek
Default Anyone have an extra set of Factory tires in the Northeast?

If any of you (preferably in Southern New England) have upgraded your tires and want to make a little on selling your original tires, let me know. I've had pretty good luck with these tires and would like a spare set since we have 2 vehicles that use the same ones. Thanks

Scott

Last edited by WScottCross; 08-18-2006 at 11:01 AM. Reason: title change
Old 08-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone have an extra set of Factory tires in the Northeast?

Hey, don't be muscling in on my turf. I already called dibs on anyone givin up there stock Conti's.

Good luck finding some, especially around here. I'd be happy if I could find one good one to have as an extra since I know it is just a matter of time before my other half bounces one off a curb or a pothole claims one.

It really ticks me off that we can't get these tires anymore. Do they expect us to change all four or have an oddball one if a tire gets ruined?

Meanwhile, stay out of northern NE in your search. You can have CT & RI...

Ray

Old 08-19-2006, 06:35 AM
Megageek

Sorry Ray, I had forgotten that you were looking for some also. I just figured that a number of folks had complained about the performance of the tires and had replaced them with something else. I'll stick to southern NE.

Old 08-19-2006, 07:05 AM

Are the Eco Plus tires totally unavailable at this point???

~John

Old 08-19-2006, 08:35 AM

Last time I checked was about two months ago, and I got the Eco Plus tire and FEH rim from my dealer for a spare. They should be still availabe, but if anyone wants to unload some in Florida, let me know. I'm not planning to pimp my ride either and prefer sticking to the stock eco plus tires.

Thought I'd stake a claim here in Florida before someone else does!

GaryG

Old 08-19-2006, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by nitramjr
It really ticks me off that we can't get these tires anymore.
I guess I should have said they aren't MADE anymore. I honestly don't know if they are available (at the dealer) or not since I never really looked. Maybe worth a call to my local Ford dealers.....

If the dealer doesn't have them, there is always the mall parking lot.

And has anyone wondered why I am really staking out all the FEH's in the Boston area?!

Old 08-19-2006, 10:03 AM

I guess I should have said they aren't MADE anymore.
Well, that's what I meant. I didn't realize they where not being made anymore. What are new FEH's coming with??

~John

Old 08-19-2006, 12:18 PM

I'm wondering if it doesn't make sense to buy a set of Low Rolling Resistance tires made by some other mfg and just unload the eco-plus stock tires?

Anyone know of some comparable LRR tires?

Old 08-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tim K
I'm wondering if it doesn't make sense to buy a set of Low Rolling Resistance tires made by some other mfg and just unload the eco-plus stock tires?

Anyone know of some comparable LRR tires?
Goodyear make the Regeatta (Think that is how it is spelled...) You could ask the Prius portion of this forum. That is the tire Toyota puts on them. My mother-in-law just put a third set on her 2005...

As for the Continental tires, has anyone checked Merchant's Tire and Auto? They are a chain and they are located just about anywhere. When I had inquired about replacement tires to them, they told me they stock them. I just had to give them my tire size.

Old 08-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

I guess I should have said they aren't MADE anymore. I honestly don't know if they are available (at the dealer) or not since I never really looked. Maybe worth a call to my local Ford dealers.....
Are you sure Continental isn't making them any more? It almost takes a court order just to get a dealer's parts department to find the part number (They must have been included in the Homeland Security Act ). As noted in a previous thread, sometimes they'll tell you that they have been discontinued instead of trying to find them. I had to take the phone and part numbers in from the "full sized spare" thread, then the dealer had to special order the tire from Continental (which cost me $15 for special handling that I'm still p*ssed about) . Continental never has listed them on its website.

As far as going to an independent distributor, my understanding is that these tires were exclusive to the FEH. Check very carefully before you buy something that a tire dealer says is the same tire.

I haven't had a chance to check out an '07 to see what kind of shoes they have. Can someone with a new one tell us what's on it?

Last edited by pquig; 08-26-2006 at 03:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone have an extra set of Factory tires in the Northeast?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands