anyone leasing an FEH or MMH?

Old 06-07-2006, 09:17 PM
reformed speed demon
Default anyone leasing an FEH or MMH?

did a quick text search and didn't see if anyone here happens to be leasing their FEH/MMH...a friend is really interested in the FEH, but doesn't have the $$ to buy one. last i knew, leasing was a very pricey option on the hybrids. comments anyone? thanks...

Old 06-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: anyone leasing an FEH or MMH?

Also, no Federal Income Tax credit if the hybrid is leased...

Old 06-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

we looked into it but lease rates are really high. We are talking $500+ a month with $2500 down. It made more sense to buy with 0% financing over 5 yrs with $0 down (if you can afford it).

I'm not sure why lease rates are so high. Maybe the leasing companies are worried about resale value as they have no history to base numbers on, but recent articles lead me to believe hybrids should hold value better than the standard version.

Last edited by Tim K; 06-10-2006 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

I would also guess they may be tagging some extra to help cover the cost of all the extra diagnostics and tests they'll do when they get the vehicle back to make sure the battery is still good and all the systems are functional, as well as replacing/repairing any worn systems before they put it on the used lots.

I had heard (It may not be true, or true anymore) though that the lease on the new Mustang was atrocious when it came out, so maybe it just has to do with them trying to milk demand for new and "exciting" vehicles.

Then again, I never looked at it, I outright bought mine.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nimhbug
did a quick text search and didn't see if anyone here happens to be leasing their FEH/MMH...a friend is really interested in the FEH, but doesn't have the $$ to buy one. last i knew, leasing was a very pricey option on the hybrids. comments anyone? thanks...
If you're going to LEASE any car you need to negotiate the purchase price of the car and the lease separately, otherwise you'll get completed hosed. You also need to learn how leasing works and the terminology associated with it. I'm getting ready to lease a hybrid because I'm self employed and the business write off is better than purchasing the car.

Here's a web site that will tell you everything you want to know about leasing a car: http://www.leaseguide.com/index2.htm

Good luck!

Kelly