Anyone using General Grabber HTS tires?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 06:10 AM
CSC
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone using General Grabber HTS tires?

Update - I bought the General Grabbers and have about 700 miles on them. Much quieter than the OEMs and handle fine in the rain. We haven't seen snow yet in NJ, so we'll see how they handle the next challenge.

Paid a bit over $500 out the door.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Enthusiast

Had Grabbers put my FEH a few weeks ago and like them very much. They feel good in heavy rain and seem to be as quiet as the old OEM tires. Not sure if the rolling resistance is as good as the OEM tires. Gas milage has dropped from 35 MPG to 34.3 MPG. I wonder if some of the drop in gas milage could also be contributed to the weather cooling and driving in the dark more. But, I would gladly give up a MPG or two for better traction in the rain and upcoming snow, slush and ice. Bought them from my local Ford dealership, Cost was about the same as if I had ordered them through tirerack.com.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MMH06
I was also strongly considering General Grabber HTS when I replace my tired before the snow flies. I'm looking forward to your opinion of them. The reviews for the HTS's seem rather positive on tirerack.com Currently have 60,000 on stock Continentals. For the HTS's, my local tire place place wants about $118 per tire, totalling $591 for four tires. I was looking at the Michelin Latitudes last night also, for $163/tire, not including the $70 rebate if you purchase 4. I believe the Grabber HTS is a 45k mile tires, while the Latitudes are a 65k tire. Undecided which to go with.
The General HTS Tires is a 60,000 manufacturer warranty great riding tire I own B&R Tires Automotive and we sell more of them over Michelin, however Michelin is a great tire as well just comparing price and quality you get more for your money on the Continental General Grabber HTS 35% less price

Old 06-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Enthusiast

very good riding tire with a 60,000 warranty we sell more of them then any other since the General HTS reviews hit so high.. They ride and handle as well or better then Michelin and you can save enough money buying these tires and purchase another set for a family member.Mandy B&R Tires

Old 06-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The Grabbers weigh 33 pounds per tire, 4 pounds more per tire than the Michelins at 29 lbs. I bought the Latitude Tours. I was able to get them for $129 each mounted with lifetime wheel balancing after the $70 rebbate. At that price it didn't make sense NOT to buy them over the Generals.