Battery Cooling Fan Failure: Warranty or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Imported from Detroit
Default Re: Battery Cooling Fan Failure: Warranty or Not?

Originally Posted by GaryG
Correct, if the DTC ends up being fan 1 or 2, the manual states install a new HV battery. Some owners have stated if they enter the HV battery pack part number, the computer list all the parts within the pack as covered, including the fans. Entering just the fans part number kit, does not state the fans are covered.

GaryG
That's what I'm saying. Dealers don't follow the manual at times even when what it states is very clear.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by wptski
That's what I'm saying. Dealers don't follow the manual at times even when what it states is very clear.
Everyone here knows the dealers or Ford don't always follow the manual, but their going to follow the hybrid warranty or expect a fight. That is the issue we are all complaining and fighting about. If the fans fail and not repaired, the hybrid performance engine assist stops right away, and the battery cells will fail shortly there after. If the fans come up as covered as a battery component under the pack assembly part number, it's covered under the hybrid warranty period, end of argument.

GaryG

Old 04-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wptski
Don't be so obtuse. There is a huge difference between a service procedure which Ford is welcome to change and trying to alter the description of what an assembly consists of in order to avoid its warranty obligations.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by GatorJ
Don't be so obtuse. There is a huge difference between a service procedure which Ford is welcome to change and trying to alter the description of what an assembly consists of in order to avoid its warranty obligations.
I have not idea if Ford is trying to avoid the warranty or not and neither do you! The "truth" is if they followed the manual, used the proper part number, you wouldn't be here *****ing about your problem. Obtuse? Such rude talk from a lawyer!

The forum wouldn't let me use the "B" word but anything else goes. LOL

Old 10-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Enthusiast

I have a 2007 hybrid escape and I have been trying to get my hybrid cooling fan covered. As I get closer to 100k I really need to get this resolved. The part number listed as 10B759 does NOT seem to be covered under the 8yr/100k warranty. Apparently though the fan is covered when the part number for the entire hybrid battery is entered. Does anyone have the part number for the hybrid battery so I can get this worked out?!?!?!?!? Please advise if I am misunderstanding the coverage. Duane

Old 10-22-2012, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Duane Compo
I have a 2007 hybrid escape and I have been trying to get my hybrid cooling fan covered. As I get closer to 100k I really need to get this resolved. The part number listed as 10B759 does NOT seem to be covered under the 8yr/100k warranty. Apparently though the fan is covered when the part number for the entire hybrid battery is entered. Does anyone have the part number for the hybrid battery so I can get this worked out?!?!?!?!? Please advise if I am misunderstanding the coverage. Duane
Unfortunately it's not so simple as a part number. Please review this thread to get case numbers and contact people at Ford:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...battery-27697/

The fans are covered, persevere and don't let them tell you otherwise.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Enthusiast

I'm the latest in the string. 2008 FEH with 73,000 miles and a POA96. Appreciate all the hard work that everyone has done as I will be taking pictures and references to my dealer's service manager today. Already spoken with Ford Customer Service and got the same script as many before. Will advise how it goes. If anyone has a pdf of the specific Workshop Manual reference, it would be most helpful and I would appreciate a PM.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:06 AM
Enthusiast

Sounds like I'm just another in a long list of folks who have experienced the same problem. My issue started with a power steering service light. after 3 visits a few months apart, they finally said the pump and fans needed to be replaced. Now, as you have all experienced, they say the fans are not part of the extended hybrid warranty. If anyone is still following this thread, I'd appreciate some updates.
Thanks.

On another note if anyone knows of a GOOD hybrid mechanic in or near FL, I'd love to talk to them.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by FLgrl
Sounds like I'm just another in a long list of folks who have experienced the same problem. My issue started with a power steering service light. after 3 visits a few months apart, they finally said the pump and fans needed to be replaced. Now, as you have all experienced, they say the fans are not part of the extended hybrid warranty. If anyone is still following this thread, I'd appreciate some updates.
Thanks.

On another note if anyone knows of a GOOD hybrid mechanic in or near FL, I'd love to talk to them.
I'm in Florida and here's my more recent thread on the topic with discussion of some specific remedies available to you under Florida law:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...battery-27697/