Battery fan Fault codes return after buying new fans

Old 05-21-2019, 08:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Battery fan Fault codes return after buying new fans

I've been having a heck of a time reviving a 2007 ford escape hybrid. I've followed the guides on here and on other websites, I noticed it wouldn't go into EV mode on warm days. I replaced a dirty hybrid battery air filter, both cooling fans with the new and improved revision b fans, as the fault code for one was present, and the valve in the ac that goes bad in these. Now both p0a81 p0a96 will randomly come back after driving it for a while and the battery will overheat and disable ev mode. When the system works right the battery is cooled fine, it can work for a day, but randomly one of these fault codes will come back with brand new fans and disable them, resulting in an overheated battery. If you run a BCM test from forscan that makes the fans manually spin they'll both spin, the fault codes will reset, and all will be well for a few hours or so until the fault codes return.

I'm at a loss on what to do at this point...

Old 05-31-2019, 08:31 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Battery fan Fault codes return after buying new fans

Did you inspect all of the refrigerant lines running from the A/C compressor up front to the rear battery compartment? Sometimes these leak.